Question regarding filing an Ebay complaint.

I recently bought around $40.00 worth of DVDs from a seller on Ebay. However, after recieving the DVDs a week later, I found out that the contents were simply burned data DVDs, labeled with a marker and came with a dubious credit card offer. I tried to leave negative feedback, but the user closed thier account making it impossible. I would also like to recuperate the costs, but if it is a long and complicated process, then i'm not sure it's worth it (a loss of $40 isn't the end of the world thought it does make me angry). Plus, as it's my understanding, even if I do get a refund, it will not be full.

Thus I was wondering: Does anyone have any experience with how the complaint system works at Ebay. Is it painless or painful.

Its painful and you'll probably get just a generic email response from the twits.

I always use my credit card for deals that look a bit too good to be true, that way i dont have to deal with ebay or paypal, i just file a chargeback through visa

I have recieved a refund from a dodgy deal I got from an Ebay seller. Firstly, there will be a $25 admin fee, which means you will only get $15 back at the most. You should definately file a complaint about this seller because what he has done is illegal and the people at Ebay are actually trying to stop this kind of thing. The process will involve you trying to get in contact with the seller in any way possible, which includes their phone number if you are able to aquire it. Once that has failed you will have to open a despute with a dispute resolution service. Once a set period has passed and there has been no response from the seller (which I expect you wouldn't get) then you can apply for the buyer protection program. You need to print out a form which you need to fill out and will require you to prove that the goods you recieved were fake goods. This involves getting a statement from a qualified person to state that the goods were not the real deal, though I'm sure in your case you all you would have to do is provide a photo and that would be convincing enough. You will have to post the completed form to Ebay and when they recieve it they will make several attempts to contact the seller through any means possible. If that fails then they will finally award you the refund. The whole process may take a few months so don't expect any money in a hurry. You should definately tell Ebay what has happened though even if you don't want a refund.

My friend recently got 250 dollars back from ebay regarding a PSP scam, and it only took about 1.5 weeks from filing the complaint to get the cash back. So just be persistant.

Thanks. I do know it will be no use contacting the buyer since I'd assume he knew what he was shipping and on top of that, the package came in the mail from the UK via Royal Mail w/o a return address. Regardless though, I do want to report him. I think I'll try minimally try filing a complaint with Ebay and, if nothing moves forward, I'll contact my credit card company.

Back