Radiant silver gun ON the GBA

May the Network of Evil S and N fanboys unit!

devil.gif

Wasn´t this thread about Radiant Silvergun on GBA? <_< However, I to, like the idea of S and N combining forces!

About Radiant Silvergun though, I wonder how it will turn out. Since the GBA cant even have half of the Saturn versions resolution, and can enver pull som many polygons (its fantastic for a handheld though) , a direct port is out of option. And if they release a toned down version, it will just drag the name in the dirt somewhat. I would rather see treasure create an all new shooter for advance. But then again, lets see what they got up their sleves until saying to much...

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Feb 19, 2003 @ 10:22 PM

About Radiant Silvergun though, I wonder how it will turn out. Since the GBA cant even have half of the Saturn versions resolution, and can enver pull som many polygons (its fantastic for a handheld though) , a direct port is out of option. And if they release a toned down version, it will just drag the name in the dirt somewhat. I would rather see treasure create an all new shooter for advance. But then again, lets see what they got up their sleves until saying to much...

I doubt they will choke on this one, I have confidence it will turn out faithful to what we know it to be. A direct port sure isn't possible but the GBA has many tricks the saturn doesn't and developers now have more experience, leading to them using other resources to fill in what is lacking. Sure, it probably won't be as good as the original but it wouldn't surprise me if some aspects of it were better.

Also, any word on multiplayer? 2 player would be great fun... but imagine 4 player:

:party

heh, I think this gif has been used too much already. And 4 player isn't going to happen but that sure would be interesting.

---Ammut

Ummmm, I actually think it will end up lookin a lil better in most respects too. Maybe we'll see a video soon? will have to cheack SX out for it...

Originally posted by BJammzz@Feb 20, 2003 @ 10:01 PM

Ummmm, I actually think it will end up lookin a lil better in most respects too. Maybe we'll see a video soon? will have to cheack SX out for it...

The sprites and 2d graphics may be improved, but the high resolution 3d backgrounds won't be in there.. But I wouldn't be suprised if Treasure made it somewhat possible..

The 3D background planes surely will make their way into the game, same as the background transparency effects (clouds and other stuff), since the GBA can pull off those effects in a very similar way the Saturn does (and it's much close to the way the SNES does those effects as well).

But the polygonal bosses.... hmm... maybe. After seeing Crazy Taxi, I think they might be in there, toned down, of course (the lower resolution allows Treasure to cut off detail without people noticing it).

The GBA has a speedy processor, so I think it'll hand almost the same amount of sprites without extra slowdowns (the saturn itself would slow to a crawl if you keep using the lock-on weapon). Of course, the sprites will have to be scaled down, otherwise they'd be too big on the screen, leaving little space for navigation.

I'm also confident the game will have some differences, mostly in level design. Not for better, not for worse, but, different, thus making it a fresh ride for anyone who already played the Saturn version to DEATH.

Did anyone here played the GameGear version of Gunstar Heroes? It's easily the most impressive GG game I ever seen, and the gameplay is as tight as the Genesis version. The levels are the same, but you'll see they are different at some points (hardware limitations forced Treasure to redesign some areas), like the mining car level and the shuttle level, and some of the latter levels. The game is then, as fun to play as the original, but if you already played the original, you'll find new touches that freshen it up.

Oh, and Seven Force is in there, almost INTACT.

wow i didnt know there was a gunstar heros on game gear -- have to look into getting one

also ithink the sega joining nintendo is the biggest sellout thing they could do realy showing that nintendo is king

now if nintendo craped out and said they want to join sega beacuse they are better thats diferent
biggrin.gif

i think radient will be great on the gba - ive seen some games that show the system can be fenagled into doint it -- i also seen shit on it too but i dont think radient will fall there

It depends on your preferences... some people didn't like their Ronald MacDonalds' game and Light Crusader.

Alien Soldier may also not be too attractive for the uninitiated. Oh the bosses...

The Genesis Yu Yu Hakusho game (the fighing one) is also a bit of an underdog for some.

Some people found Tsumi to Batsu (Sin and Punishment) too linear.

But all those games mentioned above are FAR from being bad games. I actually find The McDonald's and Light Crusader above the average (all Treasure games have something special in them), Alien Soldier to be a rock solid action game, Yu Yu Hakusho to be one of the finest Genesis fighting games ever (it's controls are a LOT like Guardian Heroes', and there are 4 player battles, how can that not be cool?) and for me Tsumi to Batsu is ART.

OK, my thoughts? Two things nobody has mentioned yet.

1. Control. The Gameboy has two buttons A + B. Unless Treasure opts to only give the ship/player two different weapons (plus maybe A+B together for the Radiant Sword), I don't see how you can use six weapons...

2. Sound. Is the GBA even remotely capable of producing a stunning soundtrack (and FX at the same time) like the Saturn? Obviously the game would work well without speech (just use captions), but... man, I can't imagine the game without music...

Originally posted by googlefest1@Feb 21, 2003 @ 07:44 PM

the gba has 4 buttons

And as the original arcade version used only three buttons that's not a problem.

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 21, 2003 @ 05:32 PM

OK, my thoughts? Two things nobody has mentioned yet.

1. Control. The Gameboy has two buttons A + B. Unless Treasure opts to only give the ship/player two different weapons (plus maybe A+B together for the Radiant Sword), I don't see how you can use six weapons...

2. Sound. Is the GBA even remotely capable of producing a stunning soundtrack (and FX at the same time) like the Saturn? Obviously the game would work well without speech (just use captions), but... man, I can't imagine the game without music...

The GBA has very nice sound for music. Wouldn't count on speech though.

So far Metroid Fusion and Golden Sun have impressed me with sound -- especially with headphones
biggrin.gif

FOUR BUTTONS?

I've _seen_ GBAs and I swear they only have two... well, two buttons to play with and two for start and select, that is. Or am I crazy?

And the Saturn version uses SIX buttons plus the right trigger!!! ...

gba good sound ? golden sun good sound? on headphones? dude you must have you systems hooked up to riped paper speakers (not trying to insult) -- golden sun is one of the games with the best sound comming out of the system but it is still bad (compared to other hand helds )

Yeah, the music will suffer... but maybe not much. It all depends on the quality of the samples Treasure use. The FM capabilities of the GBA are pathetic. Even Metroid Fusion has some tracks with awfull telephone-ish tones in them. The GBA sound system was planned for playing raw samples, instead of generating good interpolated FM sine waves.

But it all will depend on how much room Treasure will have spare in the cart for music. But they'll surely avoid doing music that rapes our ears, like many GBA games do (heck, some games sounds worse than non-FM Master System music). No matter how limited the hardware is, it all lies on the effort that is put into it.

And Taelon, for God's sake: READ THE POSTS!

Radiant Silvergun (ARCADE) uses THREE buttons! A, B and C on the Saturn, for weapons 1, 2 and 3. The other 4 weapons are COMBINATIONS of the main ones.

Treasure merely added shortcuts for the combinations in the Saturn version, since there were spare buttons to use.

Originally posted by googlefest1@Feb 21, 2003 @ 07:25 PM

gba good sound ? golden sun good sound? on headphones? dude you must have you systems hooked up to riped paper speakers (not trying to insult) -- golden sun is one of the games with the best sound comming out of the system but it is still bad (compared to other hand helds )

Well it's not like CD quality sound or anything, but I think it's pretty good for a handheld.

I'm only used to the original GB -- not sure which one's your refering too.

The music is definately good to set the mood.

Haven't listened to Golden Sun much, but Metroid Fusion is definately good.

And BTW, here's my headphones:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pages/product...dphones/212.htm

dude $1000000 dollar headphones wont help --its the gba
smile.gif

i was refering to nomad, game gear, turbo express, and neo geo pocket but mainy nomad
cool.gif

the gba can have good music - there is something there that anoys my ears like a shishing sound

Back