Radiant silver gun ON the GBA

I have faith in this port. I have played Gradius Advance to death, and while it is far from as stunning as Radiant Silvergun, it has some awesome backgrounds and effects that makes you lose concentration from the game. As for the sounds, I dont have anything against GBA sound. As mentioned, Golden Sun, and many other games have really showed how good sound the GBA can make. And Breath of Fire 2 on GBA sounds exactly like the Snes version. And the Snes can have some amazing music. (Final Fantasy or Tales of Phantasia (damn, it has song, and it sounds good! on a cart...)). Lets just wait and see.

I had a look at the music of Radiant Silvergun (using CyberWarriorX's midi converter), and the tunes seem to use 8-10 channels. It's a bit on the high end, but a skilled musician should be able to reduce the channel count to 6, which would leave some headroom for sound effects. (Oh, and M3d10n, the GBA doesn't use FM synthesis.)

Originally posted by googlefest1@Feb 21, 2003 @ 08:30 PM

dude $1000000 dollar headphones wont help --its the gba
smile.gif

i was refering to nomad, game gear, turbo express, and neo geo pocket but mainy nomad
cool.gif

the gba can have good music - there is something there that anoys my ears like a shishing sound

Well I haven't played on any of those.

I personally am quite happy with the GBA's sound on the games that I play.

Although Zelda's music/sounds get annoying, but it's just a SNES port

biggrin.gif
I personally think that the sound on the GBA is sub-standard to what the SNES did as far as music goes. However, with a port of Radiant Silvergun on the way for the system, I know that Treasure will find many work arounds due to their flawless skills in programming and compressing data. The end result will be nothing short of astounding.

I can't wait to see the port shine as another fine vertical shooter for a handheld. It has been awhile since ports like this were even attempted!

Yeah Treasure has a way of squezing every last ounce of power of a system.

BTW, have any of you played Metroid Fusion? Am I the only one that thinks it sounds good?

The GBA's sound is good, the speakers just suck. Use headphones or speakers that use the headphone jack, it's sounds pretty damn good. Better than genny or SNES by far. Haven't played a NGP before so I dunno about that.......

Nah, headphones only make it less stressing on the hear. All GBA music seems to be played at 11KHz or something, without any interpolation.

And I didn't know the GBA didn't have ANY FM capabilities. Maybe that's why people have a hard time squeezing good music out of it, since FM was the way to go when the hardware of the old days were unable to play good pre-recorded samples.

So, aside raw, non-interpolated, sample playing, what else can the GBA do, sound wise? The music in Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonace sounds like NES music, with some evil touches to it. Is it something like the limited Master System PSG system?

You can notice a GREAT jump of quality in Master System music when you enable the FM chip in a emulator, and run a game that supports it.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Feb 22, 2003 @ 06:28 AM

So, aside raw, non-interpolated, sample playing, what else can the GBA do, sound wise?

It also has the same sound hardware as the Gameboy Colour (with doube the waveform memory for channel 3), but the main reason why the digital audio sounds so weak is that it has only two 8-bit digital audio channels (one left and one right), and thus must use software mixing. A large number of channels and high-quality samples can eat up a large portion of the CPU's processing power.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Feb 21, 2003 @ 03:10 PM

And Taelon, for God's sake: READ THE POSTS!

To hell with you, too.
angry.gif
I do read them closely. I didn't know the GBA had *shoulder buttons* (they never showed up in any photos I saw). As for the 3 buttons, I simply found that hard to believe since the game, in both its arcade and Saturn modes, uses six. I never knew you could do combinations of the first 3 buttons ....

SO CHILL :devil

I never played the official arcade, but I'm sure it has only 3 butttons + start.

If you play RS in arcade mode, just look at the tutorial. It'll show only 3 buttons.

Possible key configuration:

A-Straith shot

B-Green shot

L-Blue shoot

R-Blade

The rest would be key conbinations I think in this section the GBA as no problems.

Nintendo and Sega joining forces? I don´t think so, judging by the amount of games that Sega releases for X-Box definitely not promissing hope Sega doesn´t became a sellout just like RARE <_<

You know, RS has all those subliminar stuff. The main weapons are Red, Green and Blue, that are the basic units of the visible light, the basis for TVs and monitor displays. When you mix RGB, you gain new colors. =P

Also Notice all enemies, and even bosses, also comes in one of the 3 colors. They're either redish, greenish or blueish.

The idea was further evolved into Ikaruga, but using only two colors instead of 3 (Ikaruga with 3 colors... a cold shiver runs through my spine just to think about it), and adding the color strenght/weakeness features.

Originally posted by googlefest1@Feb 26, 2003 @ 05:37 PM

WHAT A SELL OUT !!! ne1 joing nintendo is a sell out

sega joining nintendo is the bigest sellout move sega can do

blink.gif
what?

I guess I missed something.

I don't know how working with Nintendo is selling out.

Two heads are better than one

Anyway, how is this actually related to Sega -- it's Treasure that makes RS

Back