Radiant Silvergun

Saturn mode has a few more mini-bosses, and you have a limited number of lives\credits. Arcade mode has unlimited credits, and I *think* the dogs locations are somewhat different.

Actually, M3d10n, I'd have to disagree with you on that point. The trademark 'manic shooter', DoDonPachi, has bullets that move rather slowly and involves a lot of micro-dodging. Although I would also classify Dangun Feveron as manic, and it has some very fast bullets. IMHO 'manic' just means insane bullet density.

BTW, Gigawing is ok, but Mars Matrix is much better (and employs a similar absorption-type system). Some people prefer GW 2 to the original as well, but I'm not one of them.

I haven't tried it yet, might have to see if I can fire it up in mame. I first played gigawing at disneyland. at first I thought it sucked, but that had a lot to do with the fact that I was using a broken joystick lol.

*bump*

Any word on those gameplay movies? I downloaded the sword play videos and those were awesome, that guy does something things I didn't even even think were possible :drool:

I really hope someone here has those the regular gameplay videos and is willing to up them to SX or another mirror.

Originally posted by slinga@Dec 21, 2003 @ 04:56 PM

*bump*

Any word on those gameplay movies? I downloaded the sword play videos and those were awesome, that guy does something things I didn't even even think were possible :drool:

I really hope someone here has those the regular gameplay videos and is willing to up them to SX or another mirror.

hehe, i'm waiting for that too :)

To me, a "manic" shooter is one in which you can't plan anything more than a couple seconds in advance because there are too many factors and/or randomness affecting onscreen bullets, enemy position etc to meaningfully predict what's going to happen. The opposite would be a "strategic" shooter I suppose, something like RS, Ikaruga, Gradius/Parodius/Salamander, R-Type, Alpha Mission etc. where the pace is almost leisurely much of the time but you'll get backed into a corner and crushed if you don't pay attention.

Anybody got a site with a translation of the Radiant Silvergun story line, intro & ending.

I understand the weird diamond-like artefact, caused all the trouble in the game, but I would like read the actual story in English.

http://www2.incl.ne.jp/~mo2/silvergun_story.html

Only bad thing is... it's in Japanese :p

WorldLingo.com does a good job on it, BUT, the site author left Creator's (the robot) dialogue in katakana, so no translation too will work on that.

Damn, HIS lines during the ending FMV were the ones I'd like to know... any Japanese speak willing to translate the katakana parts of that site?

If I get enthusiastic enough, I'll re-write the text using a JP word processor, using proper kanjis, so it can be machine-translated... (I can read katakana and hiragana, but my Japanese vocabulary is pathetic).

--EDIT--

The RS FAQ at gamefaqs has a translation of the intro (there's some weird stuff in there... I wonder if it's really in the game).

Fair enough, it would make more sense if you explained that in your first post since it didn´t add nothing to the thread, but even so I don´t see the need for bumping every single thread you find interesting, unless there´s an avalanche of new users that I´m not aware oO

I just recently got my iso to work and I have fallen completely in love with this game. As much as I die, I keep coming back for more. No other shooter offers as much as this does, period. People often overlook the subtle intricasies [sic] of this game like the fact that all of the bosses seem to have at least one unique projectile forcing you to learn new methods of evasion or their insanely sadistic patterns. Like Xiga (the best last boss in any shooter low polys or not), for instance. Having to fly between his feet while he runs so you won't get stepped on is genius. Cave shooters cheaply bombard you with bullets whereas RSG makes you panic then think. The RPG'ish element of leveling up weapons makes the game that much more replayable (can you say revenge? :devil ). This game has only one fault; japan exclusivity. There's no way in hell I'm paying $100+ for this. Unless, of course I win the powerball...

Now if only Treasure would remake this game on XBOX ... :drool:

Now if only Treasure would remake this game on XBOX ...

They've supposedly kicked around the idea of doing an anthology, but AFAIK it's been in the "wouldn't it be cool if" phase for years.

Anthology? of what?

All their games, maybe? That would be very sweet.

I am very surprised that they are sitting on such an acclaimed (and hyped) title that got such a limited release (Japan only) on a not-so-popular console.

And yeah, the XBox, does seem like a prime candidate after the release of Metal Slug.

It might seem like a prime candidate if you live in the U.S., but Treasure lives in Japan, where Xbox is very much a third wheel.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jul 12, 2004 @ 06:23 PM

It might seem like a prime candidate if you live in the U.S., but Treasure lives in Japan, where Xbox is very much a third wheel.

good point.

Well, I have a Gamecube now, so they can feel free to have a GC compilation. :)

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 13, 2004 @ 04:07 AM

Anthology? of what?

All their games, maybe? That would be very sweet.

I am very surprised that they are sitting on such an acclaimed (and hyped) title that got such a limited release (Japan only) on a not-so-popular console.

And yeah, the XBox, does seem like a prime candidate after the release of Metal Slug.

from memory Radiant Silver was arcade title developed for Sega ST-V board. This is basically arcade version of Saturn board and it was matter of time before they port to Saturn console with enhancement. Yes this is one of rare titles got better with home console conversion.

Also Treasure printed very limited number of disc resulting the high price now asked...

cheers

p.s. played Castle of Shiki 1 on Xbox and 2 on GC and frankly wasn't too impressed by neither of them...

Back