Rebuilding Saturn ISOs

What's the quickest way to go about rebuilding a disc image to play on a Saturn/emu? So far all my attempts in creating an ISO from the modified data files has resulted in zero success, and the only way I can get something to play is if I hexedit the original image file directly in its entirety.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You're probably missing the IP. You'll need to grab the first 16 sectors (32,768 bytes for a mode1/2048 image) out of the original image and copy them into the new image. This is an ISO-9660-defined bootstrap code/data area, but its format/contents are not specified at all (i.e. developers can use it however they want without violating ISO 9660), and it is not part of the actual filesystem, so the only way to copy it is directly from the image. This contains the saturn boot code and Sega logo. I only know how to do it with unix/linux tools, but chances are that software like ISOBuster or CDMage has an option for it somewhere. In the worst case you could just use your hex editor, I guess...

IP, huh? Would that be this:

Code:
   

SEGA SEGASATURN 

SEGA ENTERPRISES

GS-9184  V1.006

19980309CD-1/1 

JT       

J...

So would that be the first 37,632 bytes in a Mode1/2352 image?

Also, that looks quite a lot like the information displayed in SatConv. If I wanted to make this run on a US system, what would I need to do besides tacking on a "U" at the end of the 2nd to last line in that block?

Back