REMAKE of Shining Force:The Final Conflict

Oh yeah it's true look here for more info and downloads:

http://www.hiddengalaxy.net/shiningdev/

Congats to these GOLD guys!!! :)

That actually looks like a pretty neat bit of coding, do you think that the game would run on a real gba if the game was copied to a flash cart?

well yeah if it runs on an emulator its probably run on the real thing 2 .

Not necessarily. Emulators tend to get certain things wrong such that stuff that runs on the hardware will run on the emu, but not the reverse.

Wow, that looks sweet
biggrin.gif
I tried the GBA and it's looking pretty nice. Although I've never played Shining Force The Final Conflict, I know I'll be following this project until it's completed. Keep up the good work Shining Dev Team.

angry.gif

First of all: NINTENDO has NOTHING to do with Camelot's & Sonic Team's RPG called "Shining Force Gaiden 3: The Final Conflict" (which was for Game Gear). We already have (Yes I work on that too
wink.gif
) taken permission from Sega and these days we're expecting our permission from Camelot too so stop bugging and read all the info in the site.

Here I have some quotes from the site:

This one is when we received the "Good luck" in our try from SEGA.

04-02-2002

Contacted Sega & Camelot to request permission for the project.

04-08-2002

Added legal disclaimer & original game credits to site.

Added screenshots to downloads page.

Reply received from Sega... no official "go ahead", but wished us luck!

And this is the LEGAL disclaimer which is always there for some guys like you my friend.

Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict was originally produced by:

SHINING FORCE

FINAL CONFLICT

STAFF

Program:

Tsukasa Tanaka

Kenichi Morimoto

Yasuhiro Taguchi

Support:

Hello! Kodera

Mochi Kashiwa

Ui Touun

Subscript:

Shugo Takahashi

Sakura Seiseki

Naoko Okada

Map Design:

Shuji Shimizu

Tatsuya Niikura

Ayumu Shindo

Character Design:

Hiroshi Kajiyama

Graphic:

Kensuke Suzuki

Tomonori Shinjyo

Takeshi Matsumuro

Hirokazu Wabiko

Yuuichi Sakurai

Music Composed by:

Motoaki Takenouchi

Sound Effects:

Dogen Shibuya

Manual:

Maoko Okada

Rikko Kushida

Director:

Tsukasa Tanaka

Assistant Director:

Shuji Shimizu

Produced by:

Shugo Takahashi

Special Thanks to:

Rit's

Fumuhide Aoki

Created by:

Sonic Co., Ltd.

© 1995 SEGA

Second: All other companies except Nintendo's stuborn guys allows you to have a ROM since you have the original game.

You're not the one who will tell me what is allowed and what's not son. Try visit the site I posted and read carefully what is written in there and talk to me again.

Question: How many ILLEGAL games for Saturn and Sega CD have you downloaded from the present site's FTPs? Don't tell me none cause you will be a big liar.You don't like my post? DON'T read it man!

(Sorry for my offensive tone Ice).

Originally posted by superyoshi@June 03 2002,03:12

EMULATION IS NOT ALLOWED! NINTENDO DENIES IT!

Well, if you wanna go by that Nintendo also has said renting a game from Blockbuster video (etc.) was piracy, so was buying used games .
sarcasm.gif

Just guess what I think about that outlook??
sarcasm.gif

Comments like this are getting real old....
angry.gif

Originally posted by Random Hajile+June 04 2002,00:22--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Random Hajile @ June 04 2002,00:22)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-superyoshi@June 03 2002,03:12

EMULATION IS NOT ALLOWED! NINTENDO DENIES IT!

Well, if you wanna go by that Nintendo also has said renting a game from Blockbuster video (etc.) was piracy, so was buying used games .
sarcasm.gif

Just guess what I think about that outlook??
sarcasm.gif

Comments like this are getting real old....
angry.gif
[/b][/quote]

buying used games isn't piracy! Neither is game renting! On my tails adventure GG cart, it said UNAUTHORISED renting is prohibited.

buying used games isn't piracy!

But as far as Nintendo is concerned, the end effect is nearly identical - someone gets to play the game without Nintendo getting paid for it. In fact, Nintendo tries to tell Japanese consumers that they're not allowed to sell their used games; I don't know whether or not this is actually true (Nintendo's legal people have been known to interpret the law in their own magical way).

Neither is game renting!

See above. Nintendo tried to shut down Blockbuster in the NES days by suing them for including photocopied manuals. Their goal wasn't really to get the use of photocopied manuals to stop, it was to punish Blockbuster for renting NES games. They've since realized that the effort is futile and now use Blockbuster as a promotional tool.

On my tails adventure GG cart, it said UNAUTHORISED renting is prohibited.

Texts like that are usually not very good sources of legal information - they typically claim that certain things are categorically prohibited when there are circumstances under which they are legal (see Sega v. Accolade, Sony v. Connectix, Title 17 Sec. 117 United States Code, the "first sale" doctrine, etc.). I'm not saying that any of these things legitimizes any arbitrary distribution, just that those little texts on carts and CDs and such don't really tell the whole story.

Wow! thats great news! I cant wait to get a hold of this game translated. If Sega and the Sonic team never get around to translating shining force 3 hopefully something like this starts for that also. Oh how I desire to play that game in english...

Well... I don't know if that helps. I have the whole translation of the Second scenario and nearly 75% of the Third(to be completed in a few days).

Back