Resident Evil CODE: Veronica

I genrally think of RE3 as a side story to RE2 not a true sequel.

It seems to be the most rushed game in the series as it looks and plays just like RE2 only with worse bosses, less scares and a poorer plot which contradicts RE2's plot.

But as CrazyGoon says I'll continue to call it RE3 as thats the name on the box, and I'll only cause confusion calling it something else.

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2005-02-18 @ 11:08 PM

Well, from that perspective, RE4 is a side story as well, seeing as it has little plot and almost no connection to the previous games.

[post=130016]Quoted post[/post]​

Ugh...

I'm getting tired of people spouting this bullshit.

RE4 fits into the main storyline! It has connections to the previous games!

Oh noes! Leon is rescuing the president's daughter! Where's Umbrella? No zombies?! This isn't RE!

Blah blah... SHUTUP!

Saddler and the Los Illuminados had created a new virus. Wesker sent Ada and Krauser to retrieve it for his corporation (It's explained in CVC that he's working for a rival corporation). Krauser kidnapped Ashley, to could get on Saddler's good side, so he could retrieve a sample of the Plagas virus for Wesker. Ada gets the sample from Leon in the end, well after Leon killed Krauser (There's speculation that Krauser survived the explosion, due to his ending in Mercenaries), so she can take it back to Wesker. It's obvious Wesker's got something planned, considering that he has the T-Virus, G-Virus, T-Veronica Virus (from Steve's dead body), and now The Plagas Virus in his possession. There's supposedly something up with Sherry, since he also has her.

Remember, Wesker has always been the primary enemy in the RE storyline. NOT Umbrella.

Yeah, but RE3 had a lot more plot points, notes, etc. than RE4 did. RE4 didn't really go into any detail at all about the downfall of Umbrella. The intro says that they were shut down after the Racoon City incident, but obviously CV shows that it wasn't that simple. And Wesker was hardly even involved in RE2 or 3 at all, so I can't see how you can say he's the primary villian. I'm not saying RE4 is a bad game (although it could certainly use a quick weapon change function), but it really doesn't feel like a RE game, in gameplay or storyline.

btw - what's up with the des-row like formatting? please don't start doing that to all your posts.

edit - There was no 'Plagas virus' -- it was a parasite, remember?

Originally posted by it290+Sun, 2005-02-20 @ 01:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(it290 @ Sun, 2005-02-20 @ 01:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>...but it really doesn't feel like a RE game, in gameplay or storyline.

[post=130063]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Duh. But some people insist on it..

Hey - you just validated my 1 year old assumption made over at NX: "There is no way this game is going to 'feel' like Resident Evil with these changes."

<!--QuoteBegin-RolfWrenWalsh
@Sat, 2005-02-19 @ 11:27 PM

Oh noes! Leon is rescuing the president's daughter! Where's Umbrella? No zombies?! This isn't RE!

[/quote]

You left out all the changes to the gameplay. I'd insert them in for you, but the list is rather long.

Aside from the game being labeled RE4 instead of breaking off into a new game series (or at least a seperate RE series) I have nothing against the game... but I just can't help but wonder how the game would have been received, had it not been labeled "RE4".

You left out all the changes to the gameplay. I'd insert them in for you, but the list is rather long.

Boohoo! Big fucking deal. Just because the gameplay changed doesn't mean crap. The gameplay argument is even more stupid than the story argument.

There was no 'Plagas virus' -- it was a parasite, remember?

Parasite, Virus, whatever. You know what the hell I meant.

Well, in the terms of the game not feeling like an RE game (which I what we are talking about here), it does mean something.

wow, that certainly was weird reading cloud and thinking des, but anyway, my issue with all the RE's is the control, not the actual game. I hear the new one actually lets you use different controls if you want, is this true? I might give it a try.

For the time this game came out, it was THE game to own on the system. I remeber being "wowed" by the opening cinema and showing it to my friends. The facial and body animations were also quite impresive for their time and still hold up quite well. The fact that it was fully 3D was also something of a revelation although the crap camera angles and control scheme were still in place.

Anyways, its a game that held a special place for the Dreamcast as it was the first really big 3rd party release title in its history. Great game.

Back