Ripping Audio from Panzer Dragoon Saga

hiya! I'm looking to rip some of the sound effect files from Panzer Dragoon Saga (namely all the weird noises the Dragon makes). However, in my research, I've come to find that Saga doesn't do its audio files the way most other Saturn games seem to do, so it's been difficult trying to find tools online that will actually work in converting these files to a usable state on a Windows 10 PC (wav, mp3, standard audio files like that). Based on how I've cracked open the BIN file for disc 1, it looks like these audio files are all either .MCB or .CGB files, which I don't know how to work with. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

(Fair warning, I am also only vaguely good with software and tech things. Please be patient with me, I may have to ask you to dumb things down if the steps get too technical. Thank you!)

EDIT: I've asked some other programming friends for help. I may be barking up the wrong tree with the file formats (.MCB seems to also be used for storing texture data?) but we'll see once we nose around more. I wanted to use seq2mid and TONCNV but Windows 10 says they're no longer compatible.

Last edited:
hiya! I'm looking to rip some of the sound effect files from Panzer Dragoon Saga (namely all the weird noises the Dragon makes). However, in my research, I've come to find that Saga doesn't do its audio files the way most other Saturn games seem to do, so it's been difficult trying to find tools online that will actually work in converting these files to a usable state on a Windows 10 PC (wav, mp3, standard audio files like that). Based on how I've cracked open the BIN file for disc 1, it looks like these audio files are all either .MCB or .CGB files, which I don't know how to work with. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

(Fair warning, I am also only vaguely good with software and tech things. Please be patient with me, I may have to ask you to dumb things down if the steps get too technical. Thank you!)

EDIT: I've asked some other programming friends for help. I may be barking up the wrong tree with the file formats (.MCB seems to also be used for storing texture data?) but we'll see once we nose around more. I wanted to use seq2mid and TONCNV but Windows 10 says they're no longer compatible.
I used to extract PS2 audio using a tool called:
cube media player

Now this tool was made specifically for ps2/ps1 audio originally, but it says it does support dream cast audio files, which may not be a big step from the SS.

All you do is load in the game iso and keep going from there. Worth a try at least.

I used to extract PS2 audio using a tool called:
cube media player

Now this tool was made specifically for ps2/ps1 audio originally, but it says it does support dream cast audio files, which may not be a big step from the SS.

All you do is load in the game iso and keep going from there. Worth a try at least.
It seems to have loaded up the BIN file after enough time scanning it, but it won't let me do anything. It says the specified file doesn't exist. Damn.

Back