• Rise from your gwave!

s-video

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by herrgafgarion, Nov 25, 2001.

1. herrgafgarion

herrgafgarion New Member

can s-video cables go into the a/v cable port?

2. slinga

slinga Member

I'm pretty sure you need a special S-video port...but I could be wrong I don't know much about video.

3. Mo Threat

Mo Threat New Member

Herrgafgarion - which console are you referring to?

Saturn, PSX, PS2, eNSixFo, and DC have multi-ports - e.g. get the Svideo cable and you're cool. 3DO has an Svideo port. Others... well, it depends.

Fill us in, and I'm sure someone can tell you all you need to know.

4. herrgafgarion

herrgafgarion New Member

i mean what does a tv need to accept s-video

5. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

Look in the TV instruction manual, if it doesnt say s-video then it doesnt have it.

S-video connector kinda looks like the saturn cable that you hook up to your tv but the end where you hook the cable into the saturn.

6. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

s-video can come in 2 forms.. either a small round 4 pin plug as ice described, or it could be available on the scart connector, if it's a european TV. if it's an american one, it'll be the small round one.

7. Commanda

Commanda New Member

if your tv doesn't have either of these and your really stuck (like me ... in aussie land the tvs are different from scotland) the 32x came with a converter. You may be able to get one off ebay.

8. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

To check if your TV has s-video inputs, look where your input things are. If you see green plus some other colors I do believe thats s-video. If it has the red/white/yellow, thats just standard RCA inputs.

9. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

if its several phono style plugs then its component video i think, not s-video