saturn need mod chip ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ratamahatta

If that mess of words asked if you need a mod chip to play games, you dont but its much easier to play them if you have it, since you donmt obviously, all you need to do is the swap trick, instructions to do so are in the Miscellaneous section

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Website
www.segaxtreme.net
Both yes and no.

If you are lazy then yes it does need one.

But if you can't solder then you can do a swap trick which does not require a mod chip, to do this look at the miscellaneous section to the left hand side of the page, it is underneath Linx and above IRC!

Gallstaff

Website
Visit site
where did this guy go to school? Brush up on ur basic english and just... NO you don't need one to play cd-r and import games. But there is one complicted way to play imports with no chip and no swap trick. I don't want to go through it all though.

Bocmaxima

Website
Visit site
Sounds like he's foreign to me, I mean, this is the WORLD WIDE web so its not impossible that he could be from another country...I mean, use some logic.

Ratamahatta

Dont start with that canadian stuff arakon, I'm canadain and i know what I'm talking about, I dont talk like i'm still in grade 3 like this guy.

Cloud121

Website
www.geocities.com
Quote: from Gallstaff on 3:02 pm on Feb. 2, 2002

where did this guy go to school? Brush up on ur basic english and just... NO you don't need one to play cd-r and import games. But there is one complicted way to play imports with no chip and no swap trick. I don't want to go through it all though.

can you go through it now? I kinda wouldn't mind knowing (although my Sat is modded)

Gallstaff

Website
Visit site
OH dear god i can't remember! But look on google or something. just type in "sega sautrn mod" or something along those lines.

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
I have been their before. I took a long look over the diagrams and that seams VERY complex. does anyone plan on trying the USA-JAP-UK country mod?