Saturn Screwed

lethal_illuminati

Ban Hammered
Well, the video card i paid for 35 bucks doesn't seem to work, i put it in the back and i put the switch to jap and it still dont work...

And I tried to play MSH vs SF with Jandaman's PAR card but it says i need to use a 4meg in weird japanese symbols but i get the point, Looks like i'll be checkin out ebay for a 4meg cart.

Originally posted by lethal_illuminati@Dec 6, 2003 @ 12:10 PM

Well, the video card i paid for 35 bucks doesn't seem to work, i put it in the back and i put the switch to jap and it still dont work...

And I tried to play MSH vs SF with Jandaman's PAR card but it says i need to use a 4meg in weird japanese symbols but i get the point, Looks like i'll be checkin out ebay for a 4meg cart.

i play msh vs sf with my 5in1, and, vcd cards are iffy cuz most of the ones u can find for sale are the hong kong vomits

Maybe your cart needs to be modded... I've got some from jandaman some months ago and some of them were the older ones...

4in1 Mod

It's pretty easy... You'll have to cut a trace and solder a wire between 2 points..

as for the VCD card, the Hitachi one (came in the hi-saturns) is really the only decent one. The others are pretty sad.....but 1-2 of em (can't remember, my mind says sega official one and like kodak or sumthing) are fairly decent, just not as good of quality.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec 7, 2003 @ 04:29 AM

as for the VCD card, the Hitachi one (came in the hi-saturns) is really the only decent one. The others are pretty sad.....but 1-2 of em (can't remember, my mind says sega official one and like kodak or sumthing) are fairly decent, just not as good of quality.

I think your refering to the JVC TwinOperator card.

I use one of these, and it's very high quality. I have not used any other card mind, and I've heard good stuff about the Hitatchi one.

That said, my JVC one runs PhotoCD's too XD

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Dec 6, 2003 @ 01:44 PM

Maybe your cart needs to be modded... I've got some from jandaman some months ago and some of them were the older ones...

4in1 Mod

It's pretty easy... You'll have to cut a trace and solder a wire between 2 points..

man, i dont know how to do shit when it comes to electronic bullshit.

A while back I e-mailed gamechoiceclub.com and asked them to keep a look out for a Victor RG-VC3 (to go with my Victor Saturn) sure enough like two weeks later I was e-mailed back offering one and $60 later it arrived (I've always been VERY happy with GCC [well everything but the prices anyway]), I've been pleased with it (although I've only used it to stumble through Lunar SSS MPEG)...

~Krelian

P.S.: The PAR4+ MOD isn't bad, I found my PAR4+ from some backwater online store for like $22 but but it wouldn't play my SFZ3, VS and MvSF so I did some research and found the fix on an old NCSX news page and it wasn't hard at all...

sounds like a lot of money just to watch vcds on the saturn, when you could get an apex dvd player for $50 @ any wal-mart and watch/listen/view svcds, vcds, dvds, mp3s, and jpgs (noone can author a photocd anyway...). :huh:

I've totally missed out on this one. Probably because I don't own any of the games that requires the modding of the AR+, but maybe someday I will and it would be good to have these instructions saved. Datel (or who ever develops the AR+) never changed the cartridge..? So I have to do this mod if I ever get and want to play these games, right? No matter when I bought it (it was from Lik-sang a year+ ago).

The PAR4+ I have is made by EMS... in any case no they never fixed the cart at manufacture point, if you buy the cart somewhere that claims it doesn't have the flaw it's because they fixed it themselves (NCSX does this, I guess one day way back a bunch of them sat down and modded a couple hundred of 'em) so if you opened it up you'd see the trace and re-wire already done...

~Krelian

in any case no they never fixed the cart at manufacture point, if you buy the cart somewhere that claims it doesn't have the flaw it's because they fixed it themselves (NCSX does this, I guess one day way back a bunch of them sat down and modded a couple hundred of 'em) so if you opened it up you'd see the trace and re-wire already done...

Wrong, I have opened cartridges with the pcb trace going to teh correct place.

it's not just to play vcds on your saturn.....a few games use it to play vcd-quality movies in their games...all are jap besides one in the US. Some shooter I think......I guess they just left the movie on there from the jap. version of the game. I have never played the game so I dunno for sure, anyone know what game I am talkin about?

Originally posted by Ape@Dec 7, 2003 @ 05:30 AM

... and jpgs (noone can author a photocd anyway...). :huh:

You can author PhotoCDs, you just need the special Kodak Authoring software to do it. Then you just burn the Bin/Cue like normal. You can even make complex entery points and menus like VCD v2.0, but thats another story.

Back