Saturn will not power on

I have a 20 pin US Saturn that I just received from a friend who purchased it on eBay, only to find it defective. The seller swore up and down that it worked when he sent it (and he did get a refund for it in the end, so that story ends well) and that it just died in transit. I've never repaired a Saturn before, so this is all new territory for me, but the problem so far is that it just does not power. Either by hitting the switch or shorting the switch pins out, it will not do anything - no lights, nothing. No capacitors look blown, the fuse is fine, everything looks pristine. I checked and reconnected all the cables, they're all good. It looks like it's never been opened before I got to it. I don't have cables or anything, just using the PS2 power cable at the moment, if I can actually get the damn thing to power on I will buy video cables.

Beyond what I've checked, I have no specific knowledge of how I should go about trying to fix this. Can anyone lend a hand? I want a Saturn, and free Saturn (or incredibly cheap) is the only way I can get one at the moment. I can afford to drop a few dollars on parts, but I can't buy a $40 + $20 shipping item on eBay right now.

Originally posted by Quakester2000@Wed, 2005-08-03 @ 05:21 PM

What about the fuse in the plug or the plugs wiring?

[post=137856]Quoted post[/post]​

The fuse in the plug? If you mean the Playstation 2 cord I'm using, it's just fine. If you mean the fuse on the PSU, it's fine. If you mean neither of those, please clarify. There IS power going through the PSU, I tested that by shocking myself on accident.

Back