SCD still now worky

Another update,

I was talking in previously about there being a problem with the inductor coil. It is the black box on the power board located near the fuse labelled "200 muRata". I have managed to locate the company who made the components for the sega cd and they have agreed to send me the components that i need. If people are still having the same problems that i am having then you might want to look at replacing this inductor coil. If you go to the muRata website and search for the product code...

PLT09HN2003R0P1B

Then you should find this component (picture attached)

I'll let everyone know how it goes once i install the part.

Also, im planning on making a full guide to trouble shooting the power board of the mega cd model 1 (on top of fuse problems). I have managed to learn a fair bit about the sega cd in the last couple of weeks and the info that i have come accross has been a real pain so i would like to make it easy for everyone else and hopefully save the lives of a few sega cd's along the way :p

Attachments

• 021P01_1_.gif
    021P01_1_.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 021P01_1_.gif
    021P01_1_.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 157
Update,

I just replaced the inductor today. The lovely people at Eaton electrics Australia sent me the parts for free and via express post.

I have a made a little further progress, the inductor did not fix the problem, however it does power on everytime now but for only a split second. (Both lights on)

I am thinking now that i will have to go through and replace all of the capacitors whitch will be a real pain.

@Berty - oops, seems you're a bit confused! :damn:

First off those 'magnets' arent magnets at all - they are ferrite rings (a.k.a. 'baluns') and are used to shield AGAINST electromagnetic interference. So be sure to leave them in! :rolleyes:

The B963 is NOT a voltage regulator, it's a transistor... <_<

The only voltage regulator is the NEC UPC2405AHF which has a datasheet that is available HERE ;) : -

http://www.alldatasheet.co.kr/datasheet-pd...UPC2405AHF.html

And YES it does match the characteristics of the LM7805 - so you can use one of these instead. :)

I also had the 'power on for a split second' problem - but a fuse replacement fixed it...for a while... :D

Now my Model 1 MCD is dead again? :/

So I'm going to try replacing the voltage regulator... <_<

==EDIT==

Nope, no joy - I'll take another look at my Model 1 next month! :huh

Back