Secret to Swapping

I was one of those guys who could NEVER get the swap trick to work.

I finally figured out what works for me. The original disc really makes a difference. Once I started useing Hyper 3D pinball as my swap out disc, it worked everytime. Also, I believe the Action Replay cart slows down the machine at the point when you would swap. It is a slight difference and may be only my imagination, but it seems to work 100% of the time.

I know most of you have already mastered this, and you're going to say I am killing my Saturn. But I have a model 2 as my original machine and a model one as my back-up unit which I swap with.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 13, 2003 @ 09:51 PM

I was one of those guys who could NEVER get the swap trick to work.

I finally figured out what works for me. The original disc really makes a difference. Once I started useing Hyper 3D pinball as my swap out disc, it worked everytime. Also, I believe the Action Replay cart slows down the machine at the point when you would swap. It is a slight difference and may be only my imagination, but it seems to work 100% of the time.

I know most of you have already mastered this, and you're going to say I am killing my Saturn. But I have a model 2 as my original machine and a model one as my back-up unit which I swap with.

i believe it just has to do with the toc size of the game your swapping with (i use shining force 3 to swap, or terra phantastica)

i've been using the panzer dragoon playable preview for every swap that i've ever done, and it works perfectly every time, without the use of any type of AR cart.

i must be the best swapper in the world.

BUT...

I can't seem to get Panzar Dragoon Saga to play using the swap technique. THe game loads fine and plays the intro, but when it actually starts, it seems that the game may check for the copyright ring again (???) and then blanks out to a "disc not meant for this system" screen.

What the truck is going on here?

pd saga is a multiple disc game, the game you swap with isnt, the toc file will tell the saturn its one disc and when pd saga loads it checks the disk number at main screen causing it to glitch

I had no problems playing though PDS with swapping - it was certainly only one swap per disc. (well, two if you follow the copy-original-copy sequence as per normal)

Back