Sega Cd ISO burning - Making it work on the Sega CD

Hello, as a regulat viewer of this site I have myself got round to attempting to burn ISO's onto cd's to make copies of my exsisting cds (some of my games are second hand and not in very good condition so I wish to copy them onto cd so as not to have to use the originals and eep them in good condition), I burned it, and then tried it with ages and it ran perfectly (sonic cd, pal version) on my pc, however when I tried to use it on my mega cd it just wouldnt work, im new to this, so am i doing something wrong, I know the mega cd's and all systems have a unique code for each country, but I just copied the cd, now I know the mega cd wont read copies straight off, is there something I can download so I can burn my games onto cd-rs and just play them on my mega cd as normal or is this curently impossible!! please help me!!!

retrogamer_uber@hotmail.com

there no copy protection on mega cd, just teritiory protection

as its a working original it should work fine with a direct copy, since its not try a slower speed on your writer, or a different brand of blanks (mega cd is a bit picky about the quality of the discs)

NTi is my personal preference, but just about any program should work for a direct copy

its just image files that can cause grief with programs

Easy cd pro 95 will work, NTI 3.6 does work, firebuner ive only ever used for image files but should work file, and the same applies to cdrwin

did you copy the files, or the entire cd? you have to do the latter, just burning the files will not work cause you'll be missing the bootsector.

...and the original file ordering as well.

However, if you know how to re-master the CD by preserving the file ordering and inserting the bootsector back, that's a different story. ;)

what i did was using my cdrw I copied the cd using nero to my HD and then burnied it to my cd. I reckon the boot sector is missing like u said, so how can I fix this, I havnt got a second cd rom to copy straight from!!

Is there a step by step guide to burning the CD to CD correctly? I am in despirate need of it!

If you created a .NRG image of the game using Nero, and then burned that image from your HDD to CD-R, then the boot sector is there and the game should be fine. BTW, how fast did you set your burner to read at when ripping to .NRG image?

As for CD to CD copy on the fly, I wouldn't recommend it. CD to image and then image to CD-R is the safer bet.

Therefore, I suggest you take megametalgreymon's advice from his first post above and do slower burns and/or use different/better blanks.

I had it set to 16 speed burn, but as soon as i get some new cd-r's I will try it, thanks for everyones help, and I will let you know how I do!!

nti 3.6 and most other cdr software will allow you to read from the writer then write it back to the cd once you swap the disc, so that may make it easier for you

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 9:02 pm on Oct. 11, 2001)

Quote: from Heero Yui on 7:29 pm on Oct. 9, 2001

I had it set to 16 speed burn, but as soon as i get some new cd-r's I will try it, thanks for everyones help, and I will let you know how I do!!
Good God!!! I would never burn any game at that speed. What is your burner's maximum burn speed anyway, 24X?

Back