Sega CD translations

I'd just like to say that I really do support translating sega cd games. I really don't know how hard it would be to do it, but I am in the process of learning Japanese myself. There are a lot of games that should be worthy of translating, like aisle lord, burai, shin megami tensei, 3x3 eyes, alshark, a-rank thunder, arcus 1 2 3, cosmic fantasy stories (my personal favorite), dauhoushinden, death bringer, fhey arie, funky horror band, heroic legend of arslan, record of lodoss war, illusion city, mega schwarzschild, shadowrun, tenbu, etc.

These are mainly games that I usually like, rpg, strategy, simulation, but there are also a bit of adventure, mystery, quiz, mahjongg, etc games that were never released in the US, that others may find interesting.

I could see just brushing these games off if there weren't emulators around, but gens supports somewhere around 97% compatability I believe, and that makes all of these games accessible and playable to everyone. I know the graphics aren't up to par with the xbox, but a lot of the games are great games.

Originally posted by Malakai@Thu, 2004-10-28 @ 12:38 PM

I'd just like to say that I really do support translating sega cd games. I really don't know how hard it would be to do it, but I am in the process of learning Japanese myself. There are a lot of games that should be worthy of translating, like aisle lord, burai, shin megami tensei, 3x3 eyes, alshark, a-rank thunder, arcus 1 2 3, cosmic fantasy stories (my personal favorite), dauhoushinden, death bringer, fhey arie, funky horror band, heroic legend of arslan, record of lodoss war, illusion city, mega schwarzschild, shadowrun, tenbu, etc.

These are mainly games that I usually like, rpg, strategy, simulation, but there are also a bit of adventure, mystery, quiz, mahjongg, etc games that were never released in the US, that others may find interesting.

I could see just brushing these games off if there weren't emulators around, but gens supports somewhere around 97% compatability I believe, and that makes all of these games accessible and playable to everyone. I know the graphics aren't up to par with the xbox, but a lot of the games are great games.

[post=121931]Quoted post[/post]​

k.... :huh:

Originally posted by Malakai@Fri, 2004-10-29 @ 08:21 PM

A little more enthusiasm, onegaishimasu.

:cool:

[post=121974]Quoted post[/post]​

そうねえ!!!本当にごめんなさい!もすごく元気になるよ。俺は皆さんに嬉しいにならされます。

そうです。静かにして下さい。

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2004-08-03 @ 03:26 PM

I've been wondering if theres any good sites out there explaining ways of translating the text in sega cd games. Is it as annoying as translating saturn games.

[post=114524]Quoted post[/post]​

what does translating mean?

I can assist with the technical aspects of translation (replacing tilesets, locating and replacing scripts etc.).

I know of at least one game that ignores the ISO filesystem and just loads by sector number, Corpse Killer 32X. I would imagine there are probably others that do the same. It's probably best to leave files in the same position they were in anyway because it's common to position the files on the disc in the order they are needed to reduce seek times.

Back