• Rise from your gwave!

Sega cd?

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by Gallstaff, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

Should i go onto ebay and spend 80 of my hard-earned dollars on a sega cd and genesis system? I gave my genesis away to my little cousin when i was 8 (mom made me) and i wish i still had it. I am only considering buying one if i can burn games and play them with no mod board. So can i and is it worth it?

2. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

#### YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

but serously.. 80 bucks! and can i play games with no mod?

4. Captian Crazy

Captian Crazy New Member

80$ ?! a tad to pricy, no mod needed to play backups...you didn't know this ?!

5. Quadriflax

Quadriflax New Member

I hope it comes with some games or something. $80 is a bit much for just a system. I only paid about $70 for a SCD, Genesis 2, and 7 or 8 games. That included shipping as well. But it's totally worth it. Copied games are a little harder to find now, but there's probably people out there willing to trade and such. I got mine around the time SX was in full swing with all its images.

6. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

i got my genesis/scd/32x combo about the time Playstation first came out for $100 with 17 games (give or take, i dont remember exactly). I dont even know if that was a good deal for the time, but i have never regretted it. A few people have scoffed when i mentioned owning the system, but oh well, they have never played snatcher or lots of the other cool games.

7. Tolerategravity

Tolerategravity New Member

$80 is really expensive. At used shops around here they go for around $30 with a Genesis. No games come with it though.

Back up games are not easy to find but not exactly hard either. If you have Direct Connect go to classicsega.dns2go.com:411 after 4 PM and you'll be able to find a few. There are also FTPs that have SCD games as well.

8. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

oh ok... and what ftps on sx have scd?

9. mal

mal Member

You know better than that.

Look through the FTP forum.

10. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

well ####, #### #### #### #### #### ;)