sega has emulated the sega saturn but won't share

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to report that I finally managed to get one of my games to work, Daytona USA seems to run sweet on my Athlon 2000+ with my Radeon 9700 Pro. That screen shot has Direct3D settings of 4X FSAA and 8X Performance Anisotropic filtering. I would also like to add that the Microsoft SideWinder controller seems to make an adequate emulation controller, once again.

It seems someone else got filtering.

Welcome to the club :)

Anyway, Grandia won't run, no way. I believe the emulator can emulate the game itself without major bugs (unless it get's screwed with that trick they used to make the sound DSP calculate polygons... and it might get seriously screwed, since Burning Rangers is a polygon mess, and I think they used the same trick in it), but it seems to lack to emulate some stream modes used by some games' FMVs. As example, you can see Grandia's title screen if you mash the start buttom to skip the first FMV, but the game will lock up if you let it reach it. Since you can't skip the first intro when starting a new game, you can't get into the game.

The same happens with a few other games I have, that have obligatory FMVs.

We'll have to sit and wait until newer versions of this are released and hacked. After all, the emulator comes packed with each game at Cyberdisc, so one only needs to wait for new games to be made avaliable, rent them, and rip the emulator out.

BTW, did anyone take a look at Sega BB lcub site? They ahve all Shining Force 3 game in their "coming soon" area. Scenario 3 will be a hell of a download...

BTW, all SF3 games runs darn good, with only minor flaws. The transparency mode used by the game isn't emulated, so all spell effects have their transparencies disabled, and that circle that surrounds the characters during spells have a weird tiling artifact. I think they'll try to fix those before officialy releasing the games.

Well.. It seems Astal, one of my favorite 2d sidescrollers and the first one on the saturn, doesn't work in this emu.. Me now waits for a new Satourne release..

Tomb Raider 1 also doesn't work.

Originally posted by Curtis@Apr 19, 2003 @ 07:29 AM

This good enough for you?

No.

I don't have a Gamer nor an MP3+ card, and nowhere does that page say the driver is good for just plain Live! 5.1 without anything tacked onto the name. In fact, there's a reference to model 0060, and I have a model 0100 card.

There is a new games.dat on emudek
smile.gif
with 25 games more.

Originally posted by vbt@Apr 23, 2003 @ 05:18 PM

There is a new games.dat on emudek
smile.gif
with 25 games more.

yes!!!

dracula x now runs at 60-80fps, sometimes too fast but never too slow
biggrin.gif

ok im having a problem, im trying to get a back up to play in girigiri, i used nero to burn the cd as a mixed mode cd with the wav and the iso, i used cdrwin to make a bin and a cue file from the cd i made with nero, and then i uswed gentoc to make the toc file, but whenever i go to play it in girigiri it just goes to the bios menu, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong here?, when i click on the cd drive that the back up is that i made, only the iso file shows up with no audio, but when i load it into cdrwin all the audio tracks show up.

why you want to burn the wavs to the cds? Just to hear some little musics?

Why not just "Burn Image" and select the ISO.

The when its finished with burning go to rip with cdrWin and you are done

I am not sure if this is kosher......... but zophar's domain posted a frontend for girigiri. :cheers

Does anyone know the Game Code to Panzer Dragoon Zwei(US)? The jap version is on the games.dat, but not the US version.. Anyone with an original PDZ disk, read the numbers on the front of the disk.. I want to test some settings for the game using the games.dat file, but I need the number.. I've only got a copy of PDZ(US) now and my original is lost..

Originally posted by Cyber Akuma@Apr 24, 2003 @ 12:40 PM

I am not sure if this is kosher......... but zophar's domain posted a frontend for girigiri. :cheers

link?

PLEASE!!!

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k+Apr 25, 2003 @ 02:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaz_2_k @ Apr 25, 2003 @ 02:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cyber Akuma@Apr 24, 2003 @ 12:40 PM

link?

PLEASE!!! [/b][/quote]

www.zophar.net

What kind of an emulation fan hasent heard of Zophar's Domain?

f*cking lamers...

Oh I cant get this game working....boo whoo...... oww... i cant get that game working... f*cking morons.. blah blah blah....

jesus.. ppl... read the previous 12 pages of this thread.. maybe then you'll actually get the answer you're looking for... twats.

come on...

( :devil this post, was posted.... IN ANGER :devil )

Originally posted by Flakvin@Apr 25, 2003 @ 05:43 PM

f*cking lamers...

Oh I cant get this game working....boo whoo...... oww... i cant get that game working... f*cking morons.. blah blah blah....

jesus.. ppl... read the previous 12 pages of this thread.. maybe then you'll actually get the answer you're looking for... twats.

come on...

( :devil this post, was posted.... IN ANGER :devil )

Actually, most of us have read the last 12 pages since the 1st page was posted.. I dont' see anyone breaking the rule of "don't tell how to make game A or game B run better"..

If the rule is to not talk about anything regarding this emu, then shouldn't this thread be closed?
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back