Sega Has ESPN No More

racketboy

Established Member
Okay, this is getting a bit ridiculous. It’s been announced that EA and ESPN have signed a 15 year deal, giving EA the rights to the ESPN brand in all things videogaming. This effectively eliminates all competition between Madden and ESPN’s efforts. The deal is another nail in Sega’s sports efforts, as well. Now, they can’t touch anything NFL or ESPN. Stay tuned to see where they get outmaneuvered next.

Guess it's back to the 2K name, if anything...

well, atleast they can still use official NBA players and such....the NFL one blows. Fuck Madden, I'll still buy "sega football 2k6" then download all the offical stuff offline as I piss on something EA, lol. I would LOVE to see sega's lineup still outsell madden and live. would make me a happy boy :).

WHat I will hate to see if that next year "espn 2k6" will be done by EA, and it'll be like NBA live, and I bet tons of people will be like "WTF happened to my beautiful game!?"

Oh ya, and just tried NBA 2k5....game spanks 2k4 :p

this sux.. man I can't take this crappy news.. I looked forward to the 2k series, each year for the last 7 years.. wtf.. man.. this blows..

God I hate EA...

I've always hated them, always will...

Goddammit...

I just cannot conjure up enough expletives to describe how much this pisses me off....

Christ, they might as well go and buy SEGA. This kinda proves that EA is a totally shit company, they don't outdo the competition but buy it. Like Creative, and many other companies.

When EA buys a company, let's say Ubisoft, does that mean that the next Rayman game will be developed by EA, and not Ubisoft, or do Ubisoft still make the games?

Ubisoft will probably still make the games, but EA will publish them.

Much like with Maxis (SimCity/Sims creators)

The whole videogame industry is going to implode on itself within the next number of years.

I think people will just lose interest.

You won't buy Video games anymore, instead you'l buy "EA Entertainment" sponsored by Sony

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2005-01-19 @ 12:38 PM

Ah, so it sucks if EA does it, but it's okay if Take-two does it?

[post=128050]Quoted post[/post]​

Well from what I gather, the story is rather complex on that one. The plan was that both Sega and Take-Two would jointly publish the ESPN games, starting with ESPN MLB. Of course, due to recent events, they cannot use the ESPN name anymore.

Think of Take-Two's actions as a retaliatory defensive action.

Back