Sega of Europe Leaks new Game Titles/Release Dates

racketboy

Established Member
All-new Sega games emerge on leaked document 24th Mar 2003

Link to This Article:

http://spong.com/x?art=4650

Sega Europe release schedule leaked – new titles revealed!

Reports around Europe today purport to show Sega Europe’s entire multi-platform release schedule for the coming year, in what must be seen as a massive blunder for the re-vamped outfit.

From what we can gather, the leak happened somewhere in France, and is as follows:

Phantasy Star Online - Xbox - May 16

Virtua Fighter - PS2 - July

Otogi - Xbox - August

Puyo Pop - PS2, Xbox, GC - August

Phantasy Star Online Card Battle - Xbox, GC - October

Altered Beast - PS2 - October

Initial D - PS2 - October

Headhunter 2 - PS2 - October

Giant Egg - GC - October-November

Headhunter 2 - Xbox - November

Sonic Hero - GC - November

Sega Rally 3 - PS2 - Q1 2004

Mister Golf - PS2 - Q1 2004

Management Soccer - PS2 - Q1 2004

What’s more, reports from America over the weekend suggest that this is on the money, with respected sources claiming that insiders at Sega America confirmed the existence of Sonic Hero for GameCube, Otogi for Xbox, PSO Card Battle for GameCube and Xbox, Giant Egg for Xbox , Altered Beast for PlayStation 2 and Headhunter 2 for PS2.

We can also confirm that Sega Rally 3, for PlayStation 2, is in development, as we exclusively revealed late last year.

Sega Europe’s London office declined to comment on the leak, citing that the release schedule was not official. In the meantime, we’ll look forward to sampling some of these delights at this year’s E3, taking place in mid-May in Los Angeles.

<_< Whats the chances of seeing Sega Rally 3 on the xbox? (I'll be pissed if it never happens)

Also I read about an arcade version of VF4 called Virtua Fighter 4.1 which was running on xbox arcade hardware and so was hoping there would eventually be an xbox version of VF4, anyone know if there's any chance of this?

Incase you didn't notice I own an xbox and don't have access to a ps2 <_<

Where are the Phantasy Star remakes?! Come on! Give us Phantasy Star Addicts (yes.. I've kicked my FF Addiction! Proud of me?
smile.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
:cheers) something to look forward to. Three screenshots of PS, nothing on PSII or the PSIV remakes(Dammit Sega! Do PSIII as well!), and Phantasy Star V being just a rumor (dating back to last year's E3), I'm going crazy! Then again... I still have yet to complete PSII!
smile.gif
I still got PSIII (twice, Sean and Aron) then PSIV to go through. *Sigh*

What is the deal with the PS remakes. I can't find any new info on those. IGN and Gamespot both only have the origianl info.

Sega Rally 3? VF4?

What IS it with all these remakes? *yawn* I didn't even like VF3tb, and while I do like Sega Rally 2 it's not quite what the first Sega Rally embodied... Let's hear it for some fresh, new ideas...

Sega Rally 3?

I'm more interested in whether that means there's a new arcade game coming out as well.
smile.gif

Taelon - Sega, like most other video game manufacturers, are playing the percentages. Continuing old franchises is more likely to get the $s than a new untried concept.
sad.gif

...and the fact that Sega seems to get slammed every time they "abandon" a proven franchise.

Originally posted by Taelon@Mar 27, 2003 @ 05:42 PM

Sega Rally 3? VF4?

What IS it with all these remakes? *yawn* I didn't even like VF3tb, and while I do like Sega Rally 2 it's not quite what the first Sega Rally embodied... Let's hear it for some fresh, new ideas...

Have you even played VF4? It's such an improvement over 3tb it's ridiculous.

Originally posted by schi0249@Mar 27, 2003 @ 01:03 AM

What is the deal with the PS remakes. I can't find any new info on those. IGN and Gamespot both only have the origianl info.

they're probably still on the way.

they were already announced, so just because they're not on a list of "leaked" titles doesn't mean they're not making them.

But other than that, I haven't heard anything else either

Mmm, no, I haven't played VF4 (although I did see short videos of it) - but I keep hearing it's a similar disappointment as VF3tb was - gorgeous graphics but the gameplay lost the magic that's still present in VF2.

*shrug* Then again, I'm warming up to the idea of Sega Rally 3. Dammit, I just want it to be like the original Sega Rally again.
wink.gif

Oh, and, er, I did play VF3tb.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Mar 27, 2003 @ 06:19 PM

*shrug* Then again, I'm warming up to the idea of Sega Rally 3. Dammit, I just want it to be like the original Sega Rally again.
wink.gif

only with sweet X-Box quality graphics and sound --- ahhhhhhh
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Mar 28, 2003 @ 02:19 AM

Mmm, no, I haven't played VF4 (although I did see short videos of it) - but I keep hearing it's a similar disappointment as VF3tb was - gorgeous graphics but the gameplay lost the magic that's still present in VF2.

I don't think I can agree with that at all.. VF4 is the best 3d fighter there is IMO. The 'magic' of VF2 largely comes from the fact that it was the first great game of it's kind.

VF4 improves on it in so many ways (not just graphics) if you're prepared to compare the two without rose-tinted glasses. It's far more technical and difficult, but far more rewarding at the same time.

well, VF4 is a good game, no doubt....the best 3-d fighter? u are crazy......DOA and SOul Calibur games kick it's trash IMO.....but hey, it takes all kinds aye?

Soul Calibur is too easy to button mash with, DOA doesn't come close.. You have to be good to do well with VF.

Soul Calibur can be a button masher -- my cousin-in-law's 8 yr-old half-brother beats me constantly
angry.gif

I still need to learn some moves though

DOA just isn't that great if you ask me. Seems rather fake (and not just the boobs)

DOA has a hint of strategy in it. Sure it IS a button masher, but it also requires a hint of timing and strategy. VF is at times (rarely) a button masher. That's why VF appeals to me so much. You have to time and carefully setup your attack, or else you're screwed! Not to mention it's got Sarah
blush.gif
She could take any of the others (Ayane is the closest competitor) anyday of the week!

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Mar 28, 2003 @ 08:08 AM

may i just say that the 3 fighters you mention are all good in there own light...

Yeah, definately. I was just explaining why I prefer VF4 over the games BJammz mentioned. The singleplayer lets the DOA games down for me, they're far too easy. Two player is fantastic though, especially the team battles (I'm sure it's better with more players, but I've never had the chance to try it out). Soul Calibur is one of my favourites, but I just prefer VF4 for it's deepness.

Back