Sega of Europe Leaks new Game Titles/Release Dates

hehe -- I think we're getting off topic
smile.gif

so what do you think will be new/different in the new Sonic game?
biggrin.gif

To each their own......I really like VF2...it's badass, 3tb was well.....stupid as all hell I think. and yes, the other games can be used as button mashers, but what I really like about DOA is the counters....they are sweet. Soul Calibur has the best counter system though, hands down....and SC2 isn't as much of a button masher.....

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Mar 27, 2003 @ 11:18 PM

mortal fucking kombat 2

I'll second that. These 3D fighting games can eat it. I'm either disoriented by the camera or baffled by the 80 moves each character has. Christ, I just played the new MK game on a friend's PS2 and there were more moves than I could ever begin to remember. Some of these moves are so complicated I couldn't pull them off even if the other guy was standing still, let alone if he was trying to fight me. Maybe I just need more practice with the 3D games, but I still prefer the 2D games. Not that I'm very good at those either. Or maybe I'm just getting too old to care about putting in the time it takes.
unsure.gif

exactly. And havey ou noticed that characters have so many damn moves that you can pause the game and LOOK at them? And a lot of times pulling of a friggen insane button combo doesn't even give you a just reward. It's usually something like a spin kick. I WANT PROJECTILES DAMNIT! That's what 2d fighters are cool. at most 10 moves, 5 of which each character shares the same button combos for.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Mar 28, 2003 @ 03:16 AM

exactly. And havey ou noticed that characters have so many damn moves that you can pause the game and LOOK at them? And a lot of times pulling of a friggen insane button combo doesn't even give you a just reward. It's usually something like a spin kick. I WANT PROJECTILES DAMNIT! That's what 2d fighters are cool. at most 10 moves, 5 of which each character shares the same button combos for.

Hells yes. MK Deadly Alliance is insane. The left trigger button rotates between three fighting styles, each with a pantload of moves that are like 6-7 rapid button presses. Back in the day I was able to play with all the characters to some degree. Now it would take me a lifetime to get good enough to play with ONE. What a waste. More is not always better. But I think we might be in the minority on this one.

IMO 2-D/3-D fighters are the best. Games like Fighters Megamix, Fighting vipers and others that control almost like a 2-D fighter but use 3 dimensional graphics and effects.

And what the hell happened to jumping?! In many of the 3d fighters it was kind of irrelevant, but in a game like vurtua fighter I found those soaring leaps to be a bit much, but jumping in megamix was essential to bounce off the walls or complete alot of the manuvers that you needed to win.

I loved how in a sense that game played like somewhat of a wrestling match with the walls and all. You could really use them to your advantage, especially with hyper mode on..

Ooh dont even get me started oin my love for hyper mode (A super fast "Turbo" mode for the game)...

Originally posted by racketboy@Mar 28, 2003 @ 01:32 AM

hehe -- I think we're getting off topic
smile.gif

so what do you think will be new/different in the new Sonic game?
biggrin.gif

Who knows! It won't be part of the Adventure series -I hope that means a return to the origins of the series... don't want to play Knuckles' stages anymore!
angry.gif

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner@Mar 28, 2003 @ 01:42 PM

Who knows! It won't be part of the Adventure series -I hope that means a return to the origins of the series... don't want to play Knuckles' stages anymore! 
angry.gif

Amen to that. The Knuckles/Rouge stages were so amazingly annonying it boggled my mind why they just didn't cut them and made the game shorter - that would have improved review scores everywhere. Sure, it was an interesting thought... but it just didn't work well for not boring people. I think everyone agrees that the sonic/Shadow levels were were the game was at, but getting back to the original more would be greatly appreciated. All I want is some good 'ol sonic speed. And some badassness too - is it just me or has Sonic become less and less cool recently? They need new character voices and plot or something... I want some more of that little blue rebel speedball I saw on Genesis years ago. Make gaming cool again, sonic.

Enough of my rambling, however.

---Ammut

Update:

- Sega of America has officially announced Vectorman for PlayStation 2, an explosive third-person action shooter developed by Pseduo Interactive, and is slated for release in early 2004. Vectorman is the sequel of the classic Genesis action shooter. You play as Vectorman, a modular robotic soldier on an epic campaign to rescue Gamma 6 from the evil Orbot, Volt.

- Sega of America announced Headhunter: Redemption for PlayStation 2, the sequel of the popular cinematic third-person action game. The game is in development by Amuse, and is slated for release in North America and Europe in late 2003. The story takes place 20 years later, after the devastation caused by the Bloody Mary virus. You play as the Headhunter Jack Wade in a futuristic world, which overruns with unchecked consumerisum, crime and mind-controlling mass media. There is a second playable character named Leeza X, you must partner with her to battle against the dark force.

- New logo for Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg logo released by Sonic Team

http://www.the-magicbox.com/Apr03/billyhatcherlogo.jpg

Source: MagicBox

Yeah really, I bet they will come to the box though.. Headhunter at least, that is a really cool sounding plot.

I hope its kind of Blade-runner esque

Originally posted by mal@Mar 27, 2003 @ 10:04 AM

Sega Rally 3?

I'm more interested in whether that means there's a new arcade game coming out as well.
smile.gif

i would of thought, if sega was gonna release it in the arcade...it would be out now!

Back