Sega saturn problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Galford Forever

Website
videogamehq.angelcities.com
I just got a Derby Saturn. It's in great shape cosmetically, but it has a strange problem. It'll run fine for quite a while. Sometimes it happens as quickly as 15 minutes, sometimes it takes about an hour, but eventually the game sound will go and then about a minute later the game will freeze. Sometimes the game will just freeze outright. It doesn't matter what game is in the console. I've cleaned the lazer lens too, so that's not it. Any solution? Know anybody who'd be willing to repair this?

Arakon

could be a dying power supply or a heat problem. make sure it gets air from all sides and isn't standing on carpet.

Curtis

Website
Visit site
If it's as simple as a faulty component on the power supply board, your local electronics shop should be able to help. If it's a more Saturn specific problem (i.e. something wrong on the motherboard), you might have to hunt out a video games shop that deals with console repairs.

On the other hand, it might be simpler and cheaper just to buy another saturn...

3rdman

Damn I love the look of those Derbys!

If you can't fix it, you could switch the guts within it with another Saturn, right? I'm assuming their identical except for their shell.

Galford Forever

Website
videogamehq.angelcities.com
That's what I did! I took the guts out of my working US Saturn and put them in the Derby Stallion! It only required changing a few things like the power button and the lights. Now my Derby has an access light and everything lol
! Well, I'm happy about that.