Sega saturn problem

I just got a Derby Saturn. It's in great shape cosmetically, but it has a strange problem. It'll run fine for quite a while. Sometimes it happens as quickly as 15 minutes, sometimes it takes about an hour, but eventually the game sound will go and then about a minute later the game will freeze. Sometimes the game will just freeze outright. It doesn't matter what game is in the console. I've cleaned the lazer lens too, so that's not it. Any solution? Know anybody who'd be willing to repair this?

could be a dying power supply or a heat problem. make sure it gets air from all sides and isn't standing on carpet.

If it's as simple as a faulty component on the power supply board, your local electronics shop should be able to help. If it's a more Saturn specific problem (i.e. something wrong on the motherboard), you might have to hunt out a video games shop that deals with console repairs.

On the other hand, it might be simpler and cheaper just to buy another saturn...

Damn I love the look of those Derbys!

If you can't fix it, you could switch the guts within it with another Saturn, right? I'm assuming their identical except for their shell.

That's what I did! I took the guts out of my working US Saturn and put them in the Derby Stallion! It only required changing a few things like the power button and the lights. Now my Derby has an access light and everything lol
smile.gif
! Well, I'm happy about that.

Back