Service announcement

mtxblau

Mid Boss
So it's noticeable that some people (ok many people) sign up for this board just to get their burned games to work.

So, my question is, on the sign up page, is there a way to put up a 'service advisory/announcement'? Or is that something that Forum provides?

Originally posted by MTXBlau@April 22 2002,22:28

So it's noticeable that some people (ok many people) sign up for this board just to get their burned games to work.

So, my question is, on the sign up page, is there a way to put up a 'service advisory/announcement'? Or is that something that Forum provides?

I've been working on an easy to read tutorial on how to rip saturn/sega-cd games and burn them with cdr-win. Should finish it soon, but been real busy with work.

Even my grandmother could follow it.

I think that it should encompass all major programs. I know that's a pain in the ass, however, I'm sure that many of us (myself included) are willing to write sections regarding it and have others proofread it.

Reason being under Win2K many of my burning programs that I was very comfortable with stopped working, and I had to learn how to use such programs as NTI Pro 2000 (which is a fairly counterintuitive program), Nero, and Fireburner just to name a few.

Another reason is that it'd answer all stupid questions. But of course, it's just a suggestion.

oh and lets not forget roxio ez-cdcreator what a piece that thing is. and nero is annoying they still haven't gotten rid of oh you have a scsi card you gotta have a scsi burner and it won't get past it grrr.

gamefoo,

Have you tried choosing your burner from the "Choose Recorder" window (Ctrl+R)? I have a SCSI and an IDE burner and I'm able to use both in Nero...

Maybe just renaming the miscellaneous part or laying it out differently would do the trick.. FAQs should come under documentation or something I think. I'd wager some folks would have trouble finding the information if a neon sign blinking 'READ THIS' and letting out a siren wail was dangled in front of their eyes.

Nero works fine on my disks, and I am in a firm beliver in READING THE FAQS before posting about burning not working, because everythings there. :bandit

Back