SHENMUE 2

has anyone beat shenmue 2? i have just played a little, but i did beat the first one and loved it and have been waiting for this one for a long time. thank god i have it in english now, i was getting tired of trying to play with a fucking jap/american dictionary :) anything good to say about it

I'm on disk 3 and all I can say is...wow!

First of all I love the fact that its subtitled. So much better than listening to bad actors that make you cringe. For all those that complained about having to read subtitles, rest assured it works well. The game is far quicker paced and that is both good and bad. The story gets so good that you barely explore you're surroundings. :) The music is incredible, the voice acting is perfect, and Suzuki-san is pulling of miracles graphically! It's easily one of the best games ever to be released on our little off-white box 'o love. :)

I AM THE BIGGEST FAN OF THE SHENMUE SAGA!!!

i am playing my second time (shenmue 2) im on disc 3. i have done every single thing possible in shenmue 2. i ahve done all the side events and secret stuff. I have played shenmue 1 7 times. Shenmue 1 was the best game, and shenmue II was even better, so can any of us imagine how awsome shenmue 3 will be???

i have to say i like the english voices better than the subtitles. and you might think that the japanize voices are more 'realistic' but thats not true!

In China, more people know English than Japanize, so it would kinda be more realistic with english voices again. But than again Ryo is japanize so, i dunno

it is kinda annoying that i have to sit up on my bed and read te subtitles rather than just laying back, and enjoying.

anyway SHENMUE 1 and 2 are the best games ever!

well it doesnt matter i am a really fast reader its just that you constantly have to look at the screen so you dont miss anything

it was easier with the english voices

but still the subtitles were FINE, no problem

In Europe you play 4/4 of the games with subtitles so its no problem.I grew up with subtitles :) .Try to view the screen and read the subtitles.See the sentance don't read the letters thats much faster.It just depends of your reading style.Ren would sound stupid in english ;)

i know ren's voice is so funny!

anyway your right that its like faster with subtitles cuz you can just read them and press B and it goes to the next sentence and the person stops talking and starts talkin the next sentece.

ya know what i mean?

its a lot faster

I imported the euro version and i think it's odd that there is no way to select what subtitles you want. I mean... it's default is english and that is good, but i just thought it weird. Also, does any one know what joy says before she takes ryo the the docks to carry crates. She says something in chinese then ryo says huh and they just drive away.

she said

"did you have sweet dreams" or something like that.

and why the #### do you think its strange that the subtitles were default in english? i mean, you eather have it in japanize or you have it in japanize with english subtiles. why was it strange?

well sorry if i mislead you in the PAL version you always have subtitles and the characters talk in japanize.

i got the PAL version (from england, its the same in europe right? PAL?)

i got my shenmue 2 from

www.gameplay.com

great place at a low price

the ####... europe has nothing! for the love of god, phantasy star two hasn't even come out yet!!!! Why does europe either get things we never get or things we get but like two years later?! Are they low on the priority list of games or something? They did get rez on the DC through... funny... kinda like japan ships all the crap they know we won't buy over to europe...

yes europe and australia use pal and america and japan use NTSC cause we like are games nice and smoooooooooooooooth.

hey i thought that japan didnt use NTSC!! cuz you need a boot disc to play games imported from japan! i think your wrong i think japan uses a separate one.

but maybe im wrong i dunno i never imported from japan

Back