Shenmue III will be a movie! WTF!?

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan. 13 2003, 12:27 am

Well, here's a bit of good news (don't get me wrong, despite what I said earlier it's still good news:) )

No Shenmue III Film

Sunday, January 12, 13:48 | Aramo |

Sega's development studio AM2 stated that no Shenmue III film is currently scheduled. The company explained in a message on its Website that it is rather useless to make a film while there is no game (yet). The latest title in the series,Shenmue II, is available on the Xbox.

This news comes from Planet Xbox, to the greater joy of many gamers.
smile.gif

Whoa, that's good news... I think. I mean, they don't really say there will be a game (although someone used the word yet
smile.gif
).

Now there are 2 possible options:

-They make the game and then the movie.

-They don't make anything.

sarcasm.gif

Now it seems that Yu Suzuki will be busy for a while... he wants to develop a wine-tasting simulator (!)

Maybe he claimed that Shenmue 3 was going to be a movie after tasting some w... ok, forget it
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner@Mar 4, 2003 @ 12:24 AM

Now it seems that Yu Suzuki will be busy for a while... he wants to develop a wine-tasting simulator (!)

OK, that has to be the dumbest game concept I've ever heard of.

Originally posted by racketboy+Mar 4, 2003 @ 01:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Mar 4, 2003 @ 01:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tony Skyrunner@Mar 4, 2003 @ 12:24 AM

OK, that has to be the dumbest game concept I've ever heard of. [/b][/quote]

Wait and see
wink.gif

LOL @ Quadriflax' post
biggrin.gif

Anyway, just wondering ... am I the only one who looked at the big close-up of Yu Suzuki and immediately thought just how much he looks like freakin' Jet Li ???
ph34r.gif

So now that I'm closing in on the end of Shenmue II for the DC, I can't help but wonder what's going to become of Shenmue III? Any more details? I've found some articles using Google that seem to suggest it will be a game released for Xbox, not a CGI movie.

Like this one for example:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/384/384250p1.html

Yes, no? If it is going to be on Xbox then I'll be picking one up whenever it comes out! Where's the best place to get info on this game? (keeping in mind I don't read any Japanese...)

Back