Shining Force: Weird Items

Nadius

Established Member
Okay, i heard there were some miscellaneous items in Shining Force, and I'm just now starting to look for and find them in my 4th go around. Yesterday I found the 'kenji'... with some dudes tiny face as the icon, can anyone tell me what that's for?

From http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/fil...ing_force_d.txt

Kenji: This translates to Public Prosecutor; there is no known use for this

item! In an ally outside Balbazak's Fortress you’ll find this item!

Maybe someone knows a use for it
biggrin.gif
, I found it some time ago while playing and went crazy trying to figure out what it did
biggrin.gif

Still no uses for most of the items...

You can give the swimsuit to Tao, and her battle icon will wear it... and the dress to Anri for the same thing...

And if you happen to be hacking into the game, you can give yourself an item called the 'Kindan no Hako'... using it in battle seems to freeze your game, but if you give it a little bit, you'll notice that it levels up your battle force to a certain point (depending on the levels you were already at).

I'm too lazy to type out the rest of the items, but most have no purpose. Head to http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/forums and ask there if you want a better answer. Pay most attention to Rusty, he's the smartest one. =)

Originally posted by Caelestis@Jun 11, 2003 @ 04:25 PM

And if you happen to be hacking into the game, you can give yourself an item called the 'Kindan no Hako'... using it in battle seems to freeze your game, but if you give it a little bit, you'll notice that it levels up your battle force to a certain point (depending on the levels you were already at).

hehe, yeah, i've heard about that on the gamefaq forums... i think they called it the forbiden box, hehe

It would be nice to be able to find it in the game... next time i play through it, i'll search every nook and crannie.

lol

The games been out since 1991 - and no one has found the Kindan no Hako.

Just to let you know that you'd probably waste your time if you did that.

Originally posted by Nadius+Jun 12, 2003 @ 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nadius @ Jun 12, 2003 @ 01:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Caelestis@Jun 11, 2003 @ 04:25 PM

hehe, yeah, i've heard about that on the gamefaq forums... i think they called it the forbiden box, hehe

It would be nice to be able to find it in the game... next time i play through it, i'll search every nook and crannie. [/b][/quote]

Start at Chapter 4.

I searched every single fucking square possible up until that point... nothing.

sad.gif

Did any of you get that weird glitch thing in alterone where Jogert comes up and looks at you and runs off? Is this a glitch anyway? I swear that once after that, there was a 'Chip' in my member list. I found out a couple days ago that chip is a name in the japanese original, so i'm guessing that's where it came from.

Originally posted by Nadius@Jun 13, 2003 @ 07:04 PM

Did any of you get that weird glitch thing in alterone where Jogert comes up and looks at you and runs off? Is this a glitch anyway? I swear that once after that, there was a 'Chip' in my member list. I found out a couple days ago that chip is a name in the japanese original, so i'm guessing that's where it came from.

Nope.

The encounter wiht Jogurt in Alterone Castle is not a glitch.

Plus, I think Chip is Khri's (the healer you talk to in alterones) Japanese name..

Originally posted by Nadius@Jun 13, 2003 @ 02:04 PM

Jogurt loves to appear in quite a few places, if you look. =)

In Prompt, circle around the headquarters clockwise a few times, getting into the middle of the path, IIRC...

As for Chip, that is indeed Khris' name in the japanese version... and IIRC, it appears as that in the instruction booklet as well...

AFAIK, it's physically impossible to hack the cartridge for the Kindan no Hako. The only potential possibility that I know of would be the game genie...

as far as I know, shining force 1 and 2 aren't for saturn :D

With that said, it seems he/she/it is looking for roms, and blatantly asking for them.... not the wisest thing to do lol.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Nov 3, 2003 @ 06:02 PM

I only want to know about any websties that have a good emulator for shining force 1&2 because most of the ones I have been to have sucked and messed up my computer.

Good for you but you still should not call people names when all they seek information no matter how foolish the question or how ignorant that person may be. You may know alot, I do not doubt that but you still should never call someone names or insult them because of a stupid question. Think about that for alittle while then reply.

Back