SHITTEST SATURN GAME EVER AWARD

here's the award.

two categorys, SHITTEST SATURN GAME EVER AWARD - GRAPHICS

and SHITTEST SATURN GAME EVER AWARD - GAMEPLAY

who do you vote for?

we could just give both prizes to loaded now couldnt we?

gameplay-wise i'd have to say... the crow?

graphically its a toughy... the conversion of daytona was disgusting to say the least but it wasnt horrible.... how about.. nope im stumped.

whats the WORST saturn game graphically?

ah

i give the award to... VIRTUAL HYLIDE.. YUCK! But great gameplay! :smash

There are loads of shitty games... it's hard to pick the worst one, in both departments, since it's such a relative thing...

For graphics, I'll vote Destruction Derby. God, that so awfull-looking it looks intentional.

<onspiracy mode>

I am even led to think Sony paid Psygnosis to make their PSX to Saturn game ports look as horrible as possible so they could boast that the PSX was far superior.

</conspiracy mode>

For gameplay... it's a tie up. I'll pick Elan Doree. What in tarnation is that? The controls are so horrible, and the characters/dragons move so clumsy it's always a matter of luck one wins a fight.

In close second, I vote for D-Xhird, for it's it-could-be-great-but-got-all-messed-up fighting gameplay. The graphics aren't incredible also, but I give them credit for at least using gouraud shading, interesting character models and 3D objects in some backgrounds.

graphics-wise I'd go for Tomb Raider... never seen such grainyness

Considering gameplay I don't have a clue, as I only intend to buy good games (TR was an exception as I paid 1e, but it's gameplay isn't that bad)

I agree that Tomb Raider's gfx suck ballz - excuse me, I mean cubes. And that's coming from a devoted TR fan, but then I've played the DOS/Win95 version on my Voodoo3 card in hardware-accelerated 640x480. *swoon*
smile.gif

Half seriously, half joking - how about DEATH TANK for worst graphics?? LOL ... I mean, c'mon... clunky 2D graphics that a 3-year-old had to have come up with, and not even real tanks!
laugh.gif

D-Xhird's graphics are actually intersting when compared to other 3D fighters. Not many 3D fighters on Saturn but how many of them tried to make use of their backgrounds?

Come one, how could worst gameplay catagory be complete without the usual suspects? Rise 2:Resurrection or Criticom.

The only reason Criticom doesn't take the bad graphics is because the background graphics actually look decent.

Worst graphics, hmm... FIST? We're talking about VF 1 style characters and blurry backgrounds.

Obviously no one here has played Battle Monsters, cause if you have you wouldn't need to debate the worst Saturn game ever.

Yeah I've played it - I listed it over in the worst Sega game thread in the general section of the forum. It's a shocker.

Too many to list. Although I'll list a few that haven't been mentioned yet.

Crow City of Angels

Iron Man Man O War

JSwat

K-1 Fighting Illision Show

McKnight Art Collection

Nanatsu Kaze No Shima Monogatari

Ninja Jyajyamaru-Kun Gold

Pig on the Soutern Island

Planet Joker

Shinsetsu Yumemiyakata

Virtual Hydlide

Worst graphics: The ones i can think of now are NBA Jam Extreme, Virtual Hydlide, Doom (conversion-wise)... I'm sure there are more, i just can't remember right now.

Worst gameplay: Virtual Hydlide, NBA Jam Extreme, Virtual Volleyball...

Originally posted by AntiPasta@May 26, 2003 @ 10:35 AM

graphics-wise I'd go for Tomb Raider... never seen such grainyness

Considering gameplay I don't have a clue, as I only intend to buy good games (TR was an exception as I paid 1e, but it's gameplay isn't that bad)

its funny to note that the game was originally being made on the saturn then they decided to also make a psx version. you'd think the saturn version would be better.

Originally posted by Blitz kun+May 28, 2003 @ 08:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blitz kun @ May 28, 2003 @ 08:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azazel@May 27, 2003 @ 05:26 PM

JSwat

Would you please describe what JSWAT is like? I always see it up on eBay and I'm tempted to find out what it is every time. >
ohmy.gif

It's a crappy first person 3d game. Not totally like Doom but plays and looks terrible. [/b][/quote]

It's a crappy first person 3d game. Not totally like Doom but plays and looks terrible.
damn.gif

Originally posted by SegaSquad@May 31, 2003 @ 10:07 PM

Im gonna have to add tempest 2000 to the shat list. It is just horrible.

I completely disagree. I think Tempest 2000 is an excellent game.

how about street fighter the movie the game. Holy pile of steaming crap. 'nuff said.

It's not really THAT bad IMO.

Really? well i cant say that your opinion is bad. I just hated that game. But everyone has different taste.

Back