SNK vs Capcom

Originally posted by DBOY+Jul 3, 2003 @ 05:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DBOY @ Jul 3, 2003 @ 05:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Jun 22, 2003 @ 03:20 PM

Oh, what's with the guy and that long nose of his? Makes me want to take a pair of scissors and clip it.
laugh.gif

You kids must be too young to remember the best fighting game of the early 1990s, Ryuuko no Ken, aka Art of Fighting. It was the source of 25% of the King of Fighters cast.[/b][/quote]

Who're you calling a kid? I'm way older than you, just as mal is way older than I.
tongue.gif
I remember that game. I wasn't into playing arcade games back then. My first favorite fighting game was Street Fighter Alpha 2.
blush.gif

Yeah back in the day I was die-hard Street Fighter fan when SF2 ruled the arcades.

I always viewed the Neo Geo stuff as cheap rip offs. especially World Heroes.

Now I've grown to appreciate them a little more, but I'm still not aware of all the characters.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:47 PM

Yeah back in the day I was die-hard Street Fighter fan when SF2 ruled the arcades.

I always viewed the Neo Geo stuff as cheap rip offs. especially World Heroes.

Now I've grown to appreciate them a little more, but I'm still not aware of all the characters.

Me too, i never liked neo-geo fighters as a youngin'. But now i have come to realize that they are some of the best.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 10, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

Neo-Geo is like the source of fighting
blink.gif

All the best fighting games = SNK

uh... Street Fighter 2 started it all -- you cannot deny that

SNK has some good stuff, but I still think Street Fighter 3 TS and SFA2 top any SNK fighter. FFMOTW is very nice though

Originally posted by racketboy+Jul 10, 2003 @ 03:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jul 10, 2003 @ 03:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jaded God@Jul 10, 2003 @ 03:07 AM

Neo-Geo is like the source of fighting
blink.gif

All the best fighting games = SNK

uh... Street Fighter 2 started it all -- you cannot deny that

SNK has some good stuff, but I still think Street Fighter 3 TS and SFA2 top any SNK fighter. FFMOTW is very nice though [/b][/quote]

Shit, I see a flame war starting.... Word of warning : don't ever post in neo-geo.com! Page after page of caps-locked l33t phreaking!

Anyway, SvC looks incredible from what I've seen. I'm just starting to get into the genre, but I was wondering. Some have speculated that the game is based off the KoF engine, but it looks much better, more vibrant, more vivid than any of the KoF games. Can/will this game be ported to the Neo??

I wonder why people think this way... Obviously they do when they don't understand that the game IS a Neo-Geo game.

Originally posted by stack99@Jul 17, 2003 @ 05:38 PM

SO this IS comming to ps2 and ps2 only, or is this a rumor?

it's for sure coming to Neo Geo also -- that's what its based off of

and no its not a rumor -- it's apparently already playable

I would kill for a DC port. So it's running of off Neo hardware? I thought I read somewhere that it was running off PoS2 Arcade Hardware. Bah.. Anyway, since it's running off of Neo hardware, I bet we can expect a DC port.

Edit: Just checking out the updated Rosters... WHERE THE HELL IS ROBERT!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I would kill for a DC port.

Okay, let's see...

MAME source? Check.

IRAPC and dZ80? Check.

68K, Z80, and SuperH manuals? Check.

SvC Chaos ROM dump? Damn it.

Oh well, I suppose the world will have to endure Ann Coulter a little while longer. :(

Alright! If Tessane and Demityr are in it, Felicia has DEFINATELY gotta be in it, she was in the original one for neo geo pocket color after all. (I heard she was removed int he arcade/console version cause she was considered too unrealistic, oh. and Morrigan isnt?)

Back