Someone had tried this before?

I got a MegaCD that was getting read errors until it just won't read any disk. The onyl thing I need to do for repair is to change the CD spin motor. As I had eard that MegaCDs generally dies by stop reading disk, I want to know if someone else have tried to change this part or the laser lens motor and what results they get.

All parts should be interchangeable as long as they are for the same model. I replaced a laser unit in mine with a beater sega cd that I had laying around the house. Just unplug a few wires and pop the new unit in.

It isnt a very hard swap.

on the laser unit looking from the front on the left side should be 4 i think orange colored potentiometers POTS for short dont mess with those instead turn the unit around and on the laser unit that actually moves should be a single POT still orange colored might be hidden by the white cable that connects the laser unit to to the pcb turn it left/right until it reads perfectly its also possible to have your segacd read cd-rw this way it would also be wise to take a reading of what the POT is set at before attempting this so you can always go back

Back