Sonic 3 Omega

I'm not entirely sure if such things are allowed here, please remove if I've broken any rules.

For some time now I've been working on a Sonic 3 and Knuckles ROM Hack, titled Sonic 3 Omega. My Goal is to alter the level design, and change the palletes to make you feel you are playing new levels.

Version 0.03 is available here

http://tmccloud.homestead.com/index.html

Bear in mind its a IPS patch, not the Actual ROM. Meaning you need a original S3&K ROM and program to patch it with in order use it. I don't disribute the ROM for legal and filesize reasons. Act 1 of the Zonea are currently the only ones altered.

Current version features-

-Knuckles replaced by Metal Knuckles

-Original Pallete for Angel Island Zone

-Original Pallete and Level Design For Hydro City

-Original Pallete for Marble Garden

-Original Pallete and some Level design for Carvival Night

-Slightly started pallete for Icecap

-Slightly started pallete for Launch Base

-Original Pallete For Mushroom hill

-Slightly Started Pallete for Flying Battery

-Mostly Finished Pallete for Sandopolous(sp?)

-Slightly Started Pallete for Lava Reef

-Original Pallete for Deatg Egg

-7 New special stages

-Bonus Stages slightly altered

You'll probably want to use the level select code to view the zones without playing through the full game.

Thank you for your time.

(Edited by Miles McCloud at 3:08 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

I could probably make Tails metal, but in doing so I would probably have to do the same with Sonic, because they share a pallete. Knuckles doesn't share his with anybody, so I could alter him without very many side effects.

Making Tails play differantly is entirely possible, Theres bound to be bytes that store how fast he runs, deaccelerates, how long he can fly, etc. But finding those bytes are beyond my talents. They have already been found in Sonic 2, But that has been hacked to death.

Gj keep up the good work, however some ppl complain you mod the pallets and that your just another "messed up hacker" maybe make 2 versions, one with no pallet changes and the normal one. Just idea. Also play with tails, give us something new =) Maybe make him look like super sonic ;)

Back