Sonic Heroes Demo

stack99

Established Member
From now until Nov 18, when you pre-order Mario Kart Double Dash, for Gamecube, you get a demo disk with a bunch of games, but included on this disk is a playable demo of SONIC HEROES featuring 2 levels and 3 characters and 7 all new movies.

Check it out: Gamestop

I know I can't wait to try out Sonic Heroes. :D

Hmmm this is interesting.... the demo is really fun (xbox), and I like giving sega money when they deserve it (sonic heroes). I think i'll pre-order mario kart... then I can get the demo, and decide what system I want to buy sonic heroes for.

it's just very.... erm... different. Like there's a lot of emphasis on the dynamic switching of characters. Like you are confronted with situations where you need knuckles to break a container.... then use tails to fly up and on a platform right after. There also seems to be multiple ways to get around some of the obstacles. I can't seem to figure out how to get knuckles to climb (if he still can), but I haven't really played around with it all that much. One thing I will say is the second level is flipping hard lmao (and the first level isn't hard). Oh and enemies have like hit points now, and different characters do different amounts of damage (knuckles hits really hard :D ). One final thing I've noticed is that the graphics seemed to be really nice. Like it's a sonic game, so they're not going for realism, but it's just little things, like how the wind rips through hair, and how right near the end of the stage, you can go to this cliff and look over the entire stage... and actually see really far. Oh... and it seems that when you get hit the max number of rings you can drop is 32 (got hit when I had 202 of them lol).

The demo has nothing more than some "Yeah" and other stuff like that. As such, it's kinda hard to tell. Hopefully the gamecube demo will be a little more developed than this xbox demo (though from the sounds of it, it might just be the same thing).

Is it clear if the game is going to have some 'Sonic type' stages? Because the only thing I really loved about SA2 was Sonic/Shadow's levels, the rest of the game was just ok. If I have to have slow ass Knuckles and Tails along with me the whole time I'm going to be kind of upset.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 22, 2003 @ 04:01 AM

Is it clear if the game is going to have some 'Sonic type' stages? Because the only thing I really loved about SA2 was Sonic/Shadow's levels, the rest of the game was just ok. If I have to have slow ass Knuckles and Tails along with me the whole time I'm going to be kind of upset.

same here

they don't slow you down when you're controlling sonic. And even when you play as them it's pretty fast. Atleast in the demo there were no tails/knuckles style stages, looks like they're back to sonic style stages only (I can hope atleast). You think it did look better? hmm I might change it back we'll see.

How about now?

Edit: Just editing htis to try and stop spamming the sonic heroes thread lol. I never meant for that original one to be posted lol.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Oct 21, 2003 @ 05:24 PM

Oh... and it seems that when you get hit the max number of rings you can drop is 32 (got hit when I had 202 of them lol).

That's crap. How easy to you want Sonic to be? Goddamnit

From the movies, I saw it looks phenominal, the disk, obtw, has 7 movies of the game, this is rumored though.

Back