Sony CD/MP3 Walkman D-CJ01

Hehe :) my first porty cd/mp3 player///

I bought this today and am currently testing it out...

...playing Beck CD right now.... so far so GREAT :) Lovin' the bass and the ANTI-SKIP!!! I've been sittin' on my phat ass shakin' the dang thing for 10 minutes and it has yet to skip!!! w00t!!! ;)

...i'll tell you peeps how the mp3 play back works out... heard that it doesn't like encodes under 64kb/s or something...meh.

Quote: from JCTango on 10:41 pm on Feb. 14, 2002

Hehe :) my first porty cd/mp3 player///

I bought this today and am currently testing it out...

...playing Beck CD right now.... so far so GREAT :) Lovin' the bass and the ANTI-SKIP!!! I've been sittin' on my phat ass shakin' the dang thing for 10 minutes and it has yet to skip!!! w00t!!! ;)

...i'll tell you peeps how the mp3 play back works out... heard that it doesn't like encodes under 64kb/s or something...meh.

ew, id hope you wouldnt listen to anything that low, and plus, i hope its able to have the bios upgraded to play ogg. ogg is the future.

so far so good... 'cept the rechargable batteries that sony "recommends" you use to charge within the cd system is no longer in production... ####. I had to shell out 30 bones for some rechargables and charger. (It'll pay off in the end)...

i haven't tested out the mp3 playback yet.

welp, during my last post in this thread i've been accumulating some mp3's to test out. I'll give the verdict when i'm done. :)

K.... I just tried out a few folders of my MP3s, and so far, IT'S GREAT! The sound is phenomenal, and the skip protection, as always, is great. (It's a sony)... The only prob i have is the LED screen. It's too tiny for some song titles... and the text speed is too slow. But other than that, It's great :) I can now fit tons of mp3s onto a CD. ;)

Yea, those portable mp3/cd players are great.

Got mine 2 years ago for about $60 and it sure does save space with bringing cd's along with you on a jog or going on vacation.

I got a Memorex one a while back. I don't know which one because I returned it. It was such a POS. It didn't read all the files on the CD, had no resume play, and skipped all the time despite it's 45 sec anti-skip. It also turned off once when I hit a pot hole in my car. I didn't have it for more than a week before it got sent back.

I just don't understand why is the U.S. the only place where the MiniDisc hasn't taken off. I bought my first one way back in '97 even though it took forever to save up for it was well worth it. Maybe with the new NetMD coming it will since you can download from your PC without having to listen through the entire selection. Also consider the fact that the quality of sound is superior to that of an mp3, and that each disk is about $2 bucks, not to mention the recent addition of MDLP. Well just pointing out why you should get a NetMD over a Mp'3

A standard MD holds 74 minutes, but there are 80-minute ones too. This isn't the whole story though - they get those times by using ATRAC, a lossy compression scheme, on the audio. The raw capacity is supposed to be somewhere around 160MB.

Quote: from Quadriflax on 7:47 am on Feb. 25, 2002

I got a Memorex one a while back. I don't know which one because I returned it. It was such a POS. It didn't read all the files on the CD, had no resume play, and skipped all the time despite it's 45 sec anti-skip. It also turned off once when I hit a pot hole in my car. I didn't have it for more than a week before it got sent back.

My memorex from target (THE place to shop) works like wonder. it reads all my cd's and even packet writing rw's. well, it refuses to read some formats, like ahead's packet writing thingy, but there's like loads of options and all these buttons!!! buttons make me happy!! oh, and it came with little gay looking belt clip thingy, too.

"My memorex from target (THE place to shop) works like wonder. "

Is this the one you bought? I see they have it at half the price I bought it for. Still not worth it...

me thinks is memorex's shoddy quality reputation riding again :) I'm on a personal boycott on Memorex, btw, join me if you want by replying...or not... lol ... I hate their CDR's... I used to buy their 50 packs, but recently i've discovered tons of "Power Calibration" errors, and i have been informed that it could be due to the crappy cdrs. I heard that Memorex gets its cds from a separate crappy company and slaps its logo on it.

I think the Platinum 50s are good, however... but i have also heard that the Gigastorage cheapo cds are the best value ... cheap and reliable.

Back