ssf binary test

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
a rather useless thread but i'm pretty desperate. is anyone willing to test color test? i'm on linux and ssf doesn't seem to run at all on wine. (i need it to be ssf because it supports the back screen) this is a test to see if i can write something without using any sega libraries.

Originally posted by Piratero@Sun, 2005-02-20 @ 11:38 PM

a rather useless thread but i'm pretty desperate. is anyone willing to test color test? i'm on linux and ssf doesn't seem to run at all on wine. (i need it to be ssf because it supports the back screen) this is a test to see if i can write something without using any sega libraries.

[post=130100]Quoted post[/post]​

Black screen with SSF 0.06 and Girigiri

ah bummer.

Code:
int

main(void)

{

TVMD = DISP | BDCLMD;

EXTEN = 0;

VRSIZE = 0;

BGON = 0;

CHCTLA = 0;

BKTAU = ((BACK_CRAM >> 16) & 0x7);

BKTAL = (BACK_CRAM & 0xFFFF);

*(vu16 *)BACK_CRAM = RGB(28,20,16);

for(;;) {

synch();

}

return 0;

}

First off, the back screen registers hold the value of the address divided by two (the colour definitions are 15-bit values and thus use a 2-byte alignment). Secondly, the back screen is not well supported in emulators (but I don't remember if SSF in particular had problems). Lastly, have you tried using (the CVS version of) Yabause? It's by no means perfect, but it's steadily improving and you can look in the source code to see exactly what is supported and what is not.

i understand

Code:
#define VDP2_VRAM_A1 0x25E20000

#define BACK_CRAM (VDP2_VRAM_A1 + 0x1FFFE)

do i divide the address for BKTAL? i did check yabause and it does have back screen support (but it's commented out -- i found this out a few hours ago)

p.s: i accidently posted in the saturn section, is there a way it could be moved to the saturn dev section?

it works now thanks to Guillaumito. he added back screen support! (antime's copper bar demo works along with my own color test) screenshot here

Any advice for the linux noob? I'm running SuSE 9.2, and after downloading an unzipping\untarring I get this error when I try to configure:

checking for sdl-config... no

configure: error: You need SDL

I dowloaded and installed SDL, even though I already had it (rpm -u). Still no dice.

a bit off topic but sure. did you run
Code:
# ldconfig
? i suggest you run a better distro. something like Slackware or gentoo. also, you probably need to specify where you installed the libs. as you know, this all must be done as root :)

Nope didn't work....I did a find for sdl-config and it doesn't look like I have it on my hard drive.

Not yet,

I now get this error:

*** The pkg-config script could not be found. Make sure it is

*** in your path, or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable

*** to the full path to pkg-config.

*** Or see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig to get pkg-config.

checking for left and right in STL streams... yes

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Makefile

config.status: creating src/Makefile

config.status: creating doc/Makefile

config.status: executing depfiles commands

Since it made the makefile, I tried "make", but I get source code errors:

Making all in src

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/poberoi/yabause/src'

source='memory.cc' object='memory.o' libtool=no \

depfile='.deps/memory.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/memory.TPo' \

depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \

g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"yabause\" -DVERSION=\"0.0.7\" -DHAVE_LIBGL=1 -DSTL_LEFT_RIGHT=1 -I. -I. -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -c -o memory.o `test -f 'memory.cc' || echo './'`memory.cc

In file included from registres.hh:22,

from memory.cc:21:

vdp1.hh:31:19: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

In file included from vdp1.hh:35,

from registres.hh:22,

vdp2.hh:34:19: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

In file included from vdp1.hh:35,

from registres.hh:22,

vdp2.hh:71: error: syntax error before `[' token

In file included from registres.hh:22,

vdp1.hh:59: error: 'GLuint' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.

vdp1.hh:79: error: syntax error before `[' token

make[1]: *** [memory.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/poberoi/yabause/src'

make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm guessing it's from that pkg-config. I'll search the web for the proper rpm.

Bah, I got my super computer, everything runs super fast, but I still can't compile Yabause.

I'm getting the errors regarding OpenGL looks like. The back of my video card says it supports openGL. Any advice? I hope it doesn't involve installing drivers. I'm still too much of a noob for that.

well, i get complaints about the glut library, i try this:
Code:
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib"
also, i strongly suggest you cvs update the code because it is the latest and greatest :cheers

Back