SSF

by the way, Quick Man: do you have the original zip of that SSF you were using? If so, what are the dates on the files inside that zip?

Originally posted by G Borisz@Fri, 2005-10-28 @ 06:05 PM

region lockout removal is completely and entirely unneeded, you can already change the region the emulated Saturn uses in SSF.

That didn't work right for some reason when I tried it with my copy of Radiant Silvergun - it didn't change and gave me "game CD unsuitable for this system".

And no, I don't have the original SSF, but the problem was a misnamed BIOS file as I said.

Your iso was most likely corrupt then. Happens all the time with the regionmodded iso/mp3 vomit floating around the net. (also, you need to exit and restart SSF once you changed the region, in case you didn't knew)

I was not interested in the problem on your old version, just the date of it. I'm running my own archive on SSF builds and I'm missing a few releases.

Originally posted by Quick Man@Fri, 2005-10-28 @ 11:22 AM

As an addendum to my previous list, SSF also needs to:

3) remove region lockout.

[post=141188]Quoted post[/post]​

Removing region lockout is not really possible on Saturn; if a program reads the region register, some value has to appear there. It would probably be a good idea for Saturn emulators to have an option for auto-guessing the right region, though.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Mon, 2005-10-31 @ 06:44 AM

Removing region lockout is not really possible on Saturn; if a program reads the region register, some value has to appear there. It would probably be a good idea for Saturn emulators to have an option for auto-guessing the right region, though.

[post=141242]Quoted post[/post]​

Saturnin does that ;)

I managed to get ssf working with my copy of Shining force 3. It doesnt like running the game from alcohol for some reason. Burned it to CD and it plays it with less graphics probs then any of the other emulators. Overall emulation is better than Yabause but thats just my system :p.

I have yet to test SF3 on the newest versions, but considering it ran Burning Rangers perfectly (including the ultra-hacky transparencies), and considering it looked pretty much glitch-free in the 0.6x series, I hope it runs 100% on 0.7x.

Amazingly, SF3 doesn't do anything whacky beyond vanilla Saturn capabilities. It's just very well coded, optimized and with properly-made art assets.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Wed, 2005-11-16 @ 04:27 AM

I have yet to test SF3 on the newest versions, but considering it ran Burning Rangers perfectly (including the ultra-hacky transparencies), and considering it looked pretty much glitch-free in the 0.6x series, I hope it runs 100% on 0.7x.

Amazingly, SF3 doesn't do anything whacky beyond vanilla Saturn capabilities. It's just very well coded, optimized and with properly-made art assets.

[post=141788]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't forget that the author is working on it since a really long time ;)

And it still can't run on my system due to SSE2 use :(

Tested SF3 Scenario1. It ran perfectly, with only a bug: special effect textures aren't loaded properly and appear mangled. Screens below.

Did you ran it on a CD Image or a physical copy? The author mentioned previously that games should be run from a virtual drive due to precise timing of the Saturn that some drives can't handle correctly, thus resulting in bugs that the emulator itself cannot correct. I heard the NiGHTS suffers from being run on an original (hangs up before boss levels), but works fine as a CD Image.

Back