strange modchip problem

I have installed a modchip in my saturn which came out of my old saturn. In the old one it worked fine but in the new one it refuses to boot up backups. It plays originals fine though. When I try to boot a backup it just keeps trying to read the cd without success. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, it seems my new saturn is just a lot more picky about cdr's. I burned a game again on different cdr's (verbatim) at low speed and now it works. Guess I'll have to reburn my entire collection now :damn: .

I'd check all your games before you reburn all of them, I burn saturn games at 40x on crappy cd's all the time and it works.

You must be quite lucky to have them work.

I only use good CDRs and the fastest I burn is 8x when I'm in a hurry.

Well the one I have now is quite old. I bought it new in 1996 I think, used it for years, sold it to someone who sold it to someone else who gave it back and now I bought it back :lol: . So the laser isn't what it used to be. I tested by increasing the burning speed and above 4x it won't read, and I burned all my games at 8x so I'll have to reburn. But it's ok, I'm just glad it works, and I plan to buy a PAL saturn soon (this one is US, that's why I bought it back, they're hard to find here) and mod it to run 60hz so I can use that one with all my old games.

Back