Stunner and other light guns...

I've noticed over time that light guns tend to get a bad case of 'the shakes'. For example, using the controller swap/cursor trick with Virtua Cop you'll notice that, no matter how still you are, the cursor seems to vibrate. This obviously makes for some inaccurate shooting (which ain't fun by any means). My Menacer does this, too, albeit a lot more violently and unstable (the cursor just drags itself sporadically across the top of the screen). Anybody know a remedy for this?

They're just not that accurate by nature I'm afraid. You can try a different TV, or try turning the brightness up on your current one, but you'll still get a bit of shakiness. Although some of it truly is in your arm. I find holding the gun with both hands definitely helps.

The shakiness is natural don´t worrie since the game pad has zero axis movement untill you press a direction the gun is always moving unless you rest it on the table or something. I find the Stunner to be very accurate nothing like a few minutes on VC training levels and your aiming will improve.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the way most light guns work depends on the TV being direct-view CRT. Projection, LCD, and plasma displays don't have a beam for the gun to detect. If you're playing on a different TV than before, it could be a factor.

I've put the gun on a flat surface aimed directly at the TV so I know for sure it's the gun itself. I believe, like it920 said, it simply the nature of the gun. I have a brand new direct view, flat screen so I know it ain't the TV. Big up to all who replied :thumbs-up:

Back