Stupid server, firewall, something?

lordofduct

Established Member
So I just got myself an online account for PSU. I logged in for the first time, it downloaded a patch just fine and restarted. I go to log in and actually play and it gives me this error 51 crap.

Now it states this error may be because the server is down for maintenance... but there are people on the PSU forum that say they can play today, others who are having this identical problem with no avail, and the maintenance isn't supposed to start until 5PM PST (5 and a half hours from now). What the bugger hell is happening? I have my ports fowarded like it asks (though the patch dl'd just fine without the ports forwarded). I don't know what the hell is going on.

oh and it's my birthday... YEY! I wish I could play some video games for my bday. :(

You're talking about the 360 version? My understanding is the new update implements hardware checks, you don't happen to have a modified dvd firmware do you? It also seems to effect drives that went in for repair.

PC version.

I figured out what it is. It is NOD32 on my system... if I uninstall it PSU works just fine. But personally I think that is dick that my antivirus software can't be installed for me to play online. WTF is with that... the people at PSUs forums say "you just gotta deal".

Ummm... NO. I don't have to just deal, that is nonsense... total freakin' nonsense.

That is insane. Similar to a problem I recently had though. Gametap refuses to work on my system with kaspersky installed (even with scanning suspended), although if I ditch that and use NOD32, it runs great.

Prob not the same thing but...

11/01/06- Interrupt Request Error [Xbox 360]

Players who attempt to connect to the Phantasy Star Universe game servers and receive an Interrupt Request error message must not use the RETRY function. When encountering this error, please select DISCONNECT and return to the Main Menu, before attempting to log in again. This process may need to be repeated more than once.

SEGA is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. Please continue to use this temporary solution while a fix for the issue is prepared. Thank you for your patience.

taken from www.phantasystaruniverse.com

solved my problem. I am able to keep NOD32 and still run PSU now. I just had to remove IMON... NOD32's packet scanner. I guess it didn't like how PSU was sending packets over the internet... whatever. Atleast I still have the regular scanner and the active file-system scanner.

So any of you planning to play PSU and have NOD32 or come across the 'error 051' problem like I did just turn off IMON or whatever similar tool your antivirus software uses. PSU thankfully doesn't care about port forwarding that much. But incase you still have problems and can't even dl patches, then forward the following ports:

11000 - 11001

11100 - 11101

12000 ~ 12010

Back