Stupid windows 2k

nope, just test it to make sure it's all good. I didn't know they had iso's available, I'll have to start using that method, I hate floppy disks.

Edit: there we go, *shoves it in his binder of pc utils*

Yay for bringing a thread back from the grave.

Guess what, i'm still having this problem. I did memtest and the memory itself checks out so it's gotta be the mobo cause even on an entirely different OS (windows xp pro), i get a similar error. Like.. C:windows\system32 file is msising or corrupt.

The mobo manual even SAYS it supports this ram. What do you think is up?

Your motherboard could just be fuxxd, even if just slightly. Though, the first things I would try are a BIOS update, and setting your memory timings to slower settings. What motherboard was this again? Some boards just aren't that awesome when it comes to memory support, and the more sticks you add, the worse it handles things.

I have the ASUS a7v600 and I just flashed the bios to the newest version they got.

How do i adjust the timings?

In your bios it may have some advanced settings somewhere for memory. Hopefully it will have a simple thing that lets you toggle "normal" "fast" "slow" etc, so you dont have to change individual settings (CAS Latency, RAS-to-CAS, etc).

Heh, I've wanted to use this one for ages...

:rtfm

Page 2-17 and 2-18 of the paper manual, or page 53 and 54 of the PDF.

Back