Sucks being home on Friday and Saturday Nights :(

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I hate being stuck at home on the weekends with nowhere to go and nothing to do. What good is having a alot of video games, money, or a nice car? They just tide you over a little. What I thought were my freinds betrayed me, found out they were using me just for my stuff!!! My best friend is all the way down in Texas in school, have not seen him since XMAS. I'm so freakin bored/lonely i could cry. Life sucks.

Sorry about the rant guys, just had to get it out.

Man...weekends are a rarity for me...I'm always working so that even Saturday nights feel like a weeknight. Yes, I work tomorrow as well. :(

Passing the time ripping the songs from JSRF onto cd's...#### good soundtrack :p

(Edited by 3rdman at 2:58 am on Mar. 17, 2002)

Quote: from IceMan2k on 12:42 am on Mar. 17, 2002

I hate being stuck at home on the weekends with nowhere to go and nothing to do. What good is having a alot of video games, money, or a nice car? They just tide you over a little. What I thought were my freinds betrayed me, found out they were using me just for my stuff!!! My best friend is all the way down in Texas in school, have not seen him since XMAS. I'm so freakin bored/lonely i could cry. Life sucks.

Sorry about the rant guys, just had to get it out.

I can tell you it will get better. I mean it. I spent 6 or so years in a huge depression. It got even worse after HS when I got into college and my best friend tried to kill himself. That hit #### hard, and it got me thinking about my own life. You've no idea how many times I thought about it too. But, without getting into too many details, things change. Things turn around when you least expect them to. I found that I buried myself in video games and my computer so that I didn't have to think about what was missing in my life. It was a vain attempt to cover up my emptiness. So, of course, I found that everything I once enjoyed was becoming frustrating and that just fed into the cycle.

You seem like a nice person. I wish I could help you. And I don't want to get all sappy and mushy, but I'm very sensitive to these things after the incident with my friend. Especially with what I've been through. I can't really offer any specific advice without knowing more. ####, this might just be a temporary thing. The only advice I can give is to be honest with yourself. Give yourself a true evaluation of where you are and what you want. Even if you're scared to admit it. Sometimes you have to be your own best friend and help yourself through the not so good times.

Wow a depressed admin. How old are you? Alcyhol is the answer :). Ive never been in your situation before so i dont have a clue how u feel as i have always had something to do on weekends (except when i split with my g/f and got in a fight with the guy who cheated with her), i actually i wish for a quiet weekend in :-S, Im actually a total swat but if you looked at me or spoke to me you could never tell and i hang with the totally opposite crowd which i dont know is a good thing coz i might drink my life away or turn into one of them. but the best thing about that group is that they will always stick by me and respect who i am.

the answer to your question could be buy a bmx (lol honest im saying this coz i have one)

or get fucked out your face with drink ;-)

Peace!

I know how you feel IceMan2K, and what's worse is that I don't even have a nice car or money - just lots and lots of fucking video games :(

Mike

Quote: from Mike G on 7:27 am on Mar. 17, 2002

I know how you feel IceMan2K, and what's worse is that I don't even have a nice car or money - just lots and lots of fucking video games :(

Mike

I don't know how Ice feels, but I know that feeling. Sometimes I look at my collection and think "WTF did I do that for?? I could have a nice car or money! (or a life)" :(

Addiction can be a really inconspicuous thing, just creeping up on you, unawares...

I agree. Sometimes I look at the collection I've built up (and hardly ever get to play) and wonder why I've done it.

IceMan2K, sometimes life does suck. I'm going through a pretty shitty period myself right now, but one way or another it's going to get better.

If life didn't get us down sometimes, how could we truly appreciate the good things? :)

Yep, well i dont have money, car, a lot of video games and i lost my job this week - i got replaced by a computer. Still, remember the line out of Monty Python....

no one expects the spanish inquisition :mad:)

I know exactly how you feel IceMan2k...

All I can say is keep your chin up. Personally, I don't know what I'd do without ICQ and MSN messenger.

But hey, at least we've all got people to talk to here! :biggrin:

Myself having little to no social life I can totally understand. The most I do is go to concerts when they come to my shit town texas. Not very often.

just go out!!

go to bars or clubs!!!

get drunk (of course>:D

i went clubbing friday and got so wasted...downside is that then something really embarrasing happened in bed, but good side is you wont be depressed at least. i used to get really depressed and then went through the whole eternally sad phase, but then i started going clubbing regularly. even if you dont have someone to go with, you;re bound to find someone or run into someone you know.

and no, the drugs dont help of course not. x was a temp fix for me but it put me in worse situation because i became even more depressed when it wore off that i became dependent on coke for quite a long time. and that;s not good.

anyway it;s friday. there;s got to be SOMETHING to do out...unless you live middle of nowhere. worst comes, go rent a video. watch something REALLY stupid. none of them thinking-movies, but like DUMB comedies u wouldnt normally see.

or find a hobby. start a 5000-piece puzzle. take up an instrument. make your own os...oh well u know what i;ll just stop now.

People put so much emphasis on how hard it supposedly is when you're a teenager. That's a lie. It's the best fucking chance for a lot of good memories you'll ever have, and you sure as fuck better take it.

Things get a bit more lonely and depressing once school's out of the picture and you don't meet as many interesting people who either are your age or share interests. The internet helps, of course, but it's just not the same.

It'll get better, Ice. Just another lull in life. :)

Quote: from chakan on 11:35 pm on Mar. 17, 2002

People put so much emphasis on how hard it supposedly is when you're a teenager. That's a lie. It's the best fucking chance for a lot of good memories you'll ever have, and you sure as fuck better take it.

hehe you said it ^_^ life is goooooooood

anyway ice, im sure you;ll find someone. what;s more impressive than saying you OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS. you;re the PRESIDENT, the CEO!!! w00t!!!

Too right chakan... I wish I was back at school again, I miss the parties and the girls :)

Being single and rapidly approaching 30 (well it feels like that) sucks big time.

30.....that;s so far away....... i dont even want to know what i would look like when im 30...all wrinkly and old x_x

(Edited by eatpenguin at 9:19 am on Mar. 18, 2002)

Back