swapping and burning help

O.K. to start with, I have an Acer CDburner (it is old, 4x4x32, and cdrw compatable, also is probably scsi and not aspi, or something like that, whatever that is). I am trying to burn Dragon Force (two tracks, 1 data 1 audio, .iso +.wav).

Next, I have a sept. '96 (model 2 US) Saturn. The swapping is easy enough, but, every burn i try to swap either freezes at the "liscenced by sega screen," or hangs there for a second and returns to the cd-player screen and says "disc unsuitable for sega saturn."

what is wrong?

lastly, i only own the virua games and x-men cota to use as origanols in a swap, do i need to find a new disk to swap with?

'and now for something completely different' doesn't sega enterprises hold the copyright to Dragon Force (not the english translation by WD, but the actual game's source.) I only ask because if this is correct, then not rereleasing this game on dreamcast was just one more nail in sega's coffin. why must sega always be difficult? eh, i guess it's their style?

Have you patched the iso to US region?If so i can think of two things:either your copy is broken or you need more swap timing.There are some saturns really difficult(impossible) to swap,yours might be one.And no you dont need to find a new disk to swap with,those will work fine for swapping. ;)

Try this swap method:

1- Power ON your saturn with the copied cd inside.. Wait until the CD completely stops spinning (already on cdplayer)

2- Swap for an original cd.

3- Press RESET, let saturn read the ring from the original cd, and then swap for the copy.

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Dec 31, 2003 @ 04:27 PM

1- Power ON your saturn with the copied cd inside.. Wait until the CD completely stops spinning (already on cdplayer)

Is it really better to leave the Saturn going to the BIOS ? When you do that the Saturn tries to read the protection ring during many second and I has always the feeling it can damage the console.

But by your way of swapping discs you manage to avoid to swap for the orignal disc while the CD is spinning. :)

Originally posted by vbt+Dec 31, 2003 @ 02:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Dec 31, 2003 @ 02:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-IBarracudaI@Dec 31, 2003 @ 04:27 PM

Is it really better to leave the Saturn going to the BIOS ? When you do that the Saturn tries to read the protection ring during many second and I has always the feeling it can damage the console.

But by your way of swapping discs you manage to avoid to swap for the orignal disc while the CD is spinning. :) [/b][/quote]

Not me. I just swap while the cd is still going. Man sometimes I miss when I try to put them back in and the cd flies right out of my Saturn.

Originally posted by vbt+Dec 31, 2003 @ 07:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Dec 31, 2003 @ 07:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-IBarracudaI@Dec 31, 2003 @ 04:27 PM

But by your way of swapping discs you manage to avoid to swap for the orignal disc while the CD is spinning. :) [/b][/quote]

There are some shortcut's :p

When I used to swap, when powering the console on, keep the 1st pad's A button pressed, you'll skip the first attempt saturn does to read the ring.

Next, when in cd-player, you can swap for the original when saturn is trying to read the protection. that start application icon will appear, but reset it and proceed as I've described :p

This method is pretty slow, I used it because for some odd reason, I had some games that I couldn't boot in any other way... :huh:

Back