Swapping

Quote: from Gallstaff on 2:28 pm on Feb. 24, 2002

aw fuck (yes, i said fuck, you gonna ban me now) i think i burnt it wrong. Ok, i swap and it brings up the audio menu and i get the audio, but not the game. Did i burn this wrong or am i swapping wrong?

Then how did you burn this one?

nti-cd maker. I opened mixed mode. Put in my iso in the list. then went to step two, put all the audio tracks in the correct order int he list, then burnt it but i'm only gettin' audio.

That sounds about right, but I've never used NTI CD maker before. Or swapped for that matter. :(

You could try loading the game up in SSF. That might tell you if it burnt correctly, but the emulator is still at an early stage and trying to get it to work could be more trouble than it's worth.

Swapping on a saturn...any saturn is a very safe thing to do. Unlike the psx once the saturn notices the motor has trouble spinning (cause you stopped it) it cuts the power to it and DOESN'T TRY TO FORCE IT. The dc does this too btw. So while the motor will eventually in a long time wear out. It won't do it any faster than it normally would. Unless of course you do stupid shit like spin the disc backwards alot or mess with it in other ways.

You can see this "breaking" that the motor does easily. Just stop the disc and you can feel that the motor stops applying pressure to it (it won't feel like it's trying to spin anymore). Then when you let the disc go (unlike on the psx) the disc will not start to spin right away. The motor tries to see if the disc will spin every few seconds but doesn't try to force it to spin.

"nti-cd maker. I opened mixed mode. Put in my iso in the list. then went to step two, put all the audio tracks in the correct order int he list, then burnt it but i'm only gettin' audio. "

you need mixed mode from image in nti, not plain mixed mode

and it needs to be the older version (3.x) of nti, not the 2000 version

basicly youve produced a useless disc, since if you look at it in your pc cdrom im sure you will see just the iso and audio tracks, rawther than the correct contents of the iso file setout as the filesyetem

Back