Sweetest looking console controller and cartridge

The PSX controller layout is also substantially similar to the SNES controller layout - not surprising, considering that PSX came from the ashes of Sony's side of the SNES CD-ROM project.

Xbox controller feels hefty, not bad, but big. I'm sure I would get used to it. The joysticks have good feel and play but the d-pad is wierd. It's slick and has no edges, just little waves making it easy for your fingers to slip right off.

The buttons on the xbox do not have a flat top to them like buttons from every other console. Instead they are rounded-half-disolved jolly ranchers covered in laquer. They have no tactile feel like the little bumps on the DC controller buttons. Their placement is nice though. It looks like the buttons are over-designed as if the controller was re-vamped by the marketing team.

The center piece on the XBox controller isn't that cool green gem like they show in all of the adverts. It is a clear piece of plastic covering a circular printout of the xbox logo. Drop the controller and it looks like it will pop out. CHEAP!

I like the MadCatz Dreampad for the sega Dreamcast. it is a little big for some but the buttons and joystick are the best. The analog stick has a rubber coating and the buttons (on the translucent models, not the white models) feel great. The D-Pad sucks rocks. Don't try Space Chanel 5 or a 2D fighting game with it. Instead, swap it out for a Saturn D pad and be in controller nirvana.

(Edited by Kamalot at 2:45 pm on Oct. 23, 2001)

Snyderman: yeah, Guardian Legend is one of the best games ever :) Combination of shoot-em-up and zelda, the game simply kicks ass. And the very last boss is fricking hard...man, I would kill for a sequel on the saturn or something.

i liked the feel of the X-Box controller.. I like knowing the controllers in my hands, and having to worry about treating it gingerly while i'm playing, afraid to break it.

The look of gamecube's is good, but its teeeeensy weensy.. i imagine i'd be forever hitting the wrong buttons on the thing.. i had the same beef with NES/SNES controllers.. if i had 3 hands i'd probably like the n64 controller..

but "coolest looking" has nothing to do with best-playing so I'd have to say the Sega Menacer is the coolest looking controller i own.. Big guns rock

"coolest looking" cartridge? Jaguar carts.. love that concave (or convex depending which side you look at it from) profile.. I also like the sleek aerodynamic profile of the jaguar console itself.. and ya gotta admit, whoever decided they needed to stick a phone pad onto a genny controller to come up with the Jag controller has to win some sort of consolation prize..

everyone seems to love 32x carts.. i dont get it, they look like genny carts with 32x stickers to me.. nothing about em screams "Hey this game is cooler than a genesis game!" or "no the 32x isnt a needlessly expensive alternative to SNES!"

Back