system disc

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2006-06-04 @ 11:03 AM

A blue disc huh?

I'd only ever heard of a red disc and a black disc...

[post=146555]Quoted post[/post]​

The disk ref is System Disk (KD00) JVC, mal maybe you know the other disk ref and see if they are not the same ref.

GAMEMASTER, will you rip it ? :blush: :blush:

EDIT : found back boot compatibility file

EDIT 2 : Found black and red disk ref : KD01 & KD02

see here :

http://www.ngfusa.com/everything_else/saturnsystemdisc.htm

Attachments

• bootcompatability.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 245
  • bootcompatability.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 220
I thought it was a boot disc, but I wasn't sure. I wouldn't have a problem ripping it, but what good would it serve. You need the security ring for it to work.

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Sun, 2006-06-04 @ 04:45 PM

Hmm I needed that disc badly (I bid $111 which already was slighty OTT) but $147.50? No way. The last one went for <$100

[post=146558]Quoted post[/post]​

What for? Collecting purposes?

from memory you need Dev console to run.

When I tested my black sys disc on retail JVC Saturn soon as I open the CD door it goes back to the initial screen. works though on Cross Dev console it came with from Konami though

maybe you need the CD door switch taped down to use ???

I'm pretty sure my black System Disc allows you to boot games from CDR on a stock saturn.

However it has been years since I've looked at it...

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Sun, 2006-06-04 @ 11:49 PM

Nope for running my Destruction Derby 2 prototype and supplying people with media.

[post=146561]Quoted post[/post]​

Wouldn't be easier to just dump the whole disc and supply that? It would be worth more then any media you may record.

Originally posted by Druid II@Tue, 2006-06-06 @ 03:53 AM

Wouldn't be easier to just dump the whole disc and supply that? It would be worth more then any media you may record.

[post=146572]Quoted post[/post]​

You have to be kidding. :ph34r:

Why would I? What I said was true. Besides, you stated that you can't boot the disc so it has no use for you anyway.

FYI

here's what you need to know in order to use.

"...using the system disc it does go to the dashboard when you open it up. that is correct as the disc is disabling the security check, all you gotta do is put in your game and push the start aplication button, however check to see if you have either a third party(games not published by sega) or first party disc(games published by sega, as discs will boot those games. For example. if you want to play burning rangers, then you have to use a first party disc since the game is published by sega, however if you wanted to play marvel vs street fighter you would use a third party system disc since it is published by capcom..."

Courtesy of assemblergames.com forum :p

Yes, but that doesn't answer what a BLUE system disc does.

IIRC the Red System disc is the Sega disc and the Black System disc is the 3rd party dev disc.

Back