The 427 is back!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Chevy is finally bringing back the almighty 427ci engine and putting them in the upcomming 2005 C6 Z06s! Never would have thought they would bring that beast back. Thats gonna kick some major ass!

A supercharged one with a few hundred pounds less weight will be arriving also, Blue Devil, with 625HP to combat the GT40.

Time to start savin up for one ;)

Linkage Here

Sweet, I still think i'll stick w/ getting an LS1, this engine is gunna be too expensive for my taste but I would sure as hell like one. It's really gunna f' sum stuff up when it comes out. 625 horse? that's insane for stock. This is good news for domestic car fans (by domestic, I mean USA) and shitty news for imports. The WRX will no longer be even able to try and compete w/ the vette. Also, 2,900 lbs!?! that's pretty light! My camaro is damn near 4,000 lbs! and that's w/ a small block! Well, I am happy to see GM makin sum progress, now I just wnt them to come back w/ the camaro but I dont think we'll see that anytime within the next 10 or so years :'(.

Good luck on saving for it Ice, u might have to resort to selling drugs and prostitution, haha. Lata.

625 HP is quite impressive. :D

I must admit though, if I could have either a new 'vette or a Ford GT, I'd be taking the Ford.

Sorry Iceman. :blush:

I like the look of the older Corvettes (ie late '70s early '80s). The new ones just don't do it for me. Between the two I'd have to take the throwback Ford GT. Looks to be one helluva beast.

haha, dont worry Ice, I am a huge Chevy fan so u have atleast 1 guy w/ ya. Isn't the Ford GT a fatty? From what pix I have seen (not that many) it looks as if the car is gunna weight 4klbs. If it does, the Vette is gunna woop its' ass 10 ways ta sunday. But hey, time will tell. I am sure we are going to be hearing hundreds of things on the net about near to both of their releases.

Since I put the JAP Sti engine in my lowly Impreza....you should see the looks on the faces of those helpless Z06 drivers...I'd like to too, but then I'd have to slow down!! :thumbs-up: :flamethrower:

the WRX's nick name is "vette killer". they can beat the 80's vettes, and put up a good fight w/ the Z06's. They are AWD, turboed, and supercharged......but still only pushin about 300 horse stock. I have seen a couple take on vettes, with not too much I hear u can add an extra 75-80 horse to em. Stock and stock though, the Z06 will still win the WRX STi.

I do have to hand it to the WRX STi's though, they are sum hella nice built cars and if I ever owned an import it would prob. be one of those (cept for all the exotic cars).

They're not supercharged too...

but yes your right...with something as simple as a manual boost controller ($75) you can add like 30 horsepower...

Try me Ice....HAHAHA

An aquantance in my corvette club has a lingenfilter (sp?) c5. That thing is mad crazy. He claims he drives it in the snow and rain and we all think he's nuts.

I have pictures of it if you want to see it. Still looks like a stock c5 except it says lingenfilter on the side.

Correction: they are not blown, I thought wrong :-\. I did see that they get all that out of a 2.4 DOCH 4 cylinder, that's pretty nice. I wanna drive one in a test course, just to see how it handles.

Back