Resident Evil 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel Studios used some insane compression methods.

RE2 is the largest cart ever, weighing in at 512 Mbits. Which in turn is close to 64 MB.

Heh... Compressing 1.3 GB down to only 64 MB.

I think you mean largest N64 cart ever, because my Metal Slug 3 cart is sitting pretty at 708 megabit, and that's not even the largest Neo cart. ;) But yeah, the compression on RE2 is pretty impressive. I don't think there are any N64 emulators that run it well.

It's funny that tha N64 version of the game is the best version of RE2. tongue.gif

Nah, the Dreamcast and PC versions are nicer. Haven't played the Gamecube version, so I can't speak for that one, but I think it's pretty much the same as the DC rev.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh+Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 03:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RolfWrenWalsh @ Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 03:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The thing with Outbreak is that you can choose between Resdient Evil, or Devil May Cry controls.

[post=127154]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Really? That's good news.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 03:26 PM

Whenever I play the game (I'll get the HDD first of course), I'm obviously going to select RE.

? You prefer the old controls? RE4 doesn't let you choose, does it?

<!--QuoteBegin-RolfWrenWalsh
@Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 03:26 PM

It's funny that tha N64 version of the game is the best version of RE2. :p

[/quote]

Well, we sure disagree there. :D

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 10:03 PM

Nah, the Dreamcast and PC versions are nicer.  Haven't played the Gamecube version, so I can't speak for that one, but I think it's pretty much the same as the DC rev.

[post=127189]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not talking graphics. I'm talking overall. (Although if you play with the Expansion Pak, it's pretty close, if not the same as the DC version). :p I listed all the reasons above for why it's better. (Random item option, blood option, EX Files, RE/DMC control option).

Yeah, I meant largest N64 cart. Simple typo on my part. :p

I play RE for the story and everything, so that why I see the N64 version of RE2 as the best. Plus the other N64 only goodies. :D

Expect IGN's and Gamespy's RE4 reviews tomrrow (January 7, 2005).

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 06:43 PM

Aeris just called me. The game coming in tomorrow.

:D

Although a day late.... <_<

[post=127610]Quoted post[/post]​

I've been playing it for the last two hours. :devil

Are we supposed to know who Aeris is? The only person that comes to mind is the Final Fantasy VII character.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 07:26 PM

I've been playing it for the last two hours.  :devil

Are we supposed to know who Aeris is? The only person that comes to mind is the Final Fantasy VII character.

[post=127615]Quoted post[/post]​

You think you're some hardass or something with having the game before me?

Aeris is the name of the phone at GameStop (It even said "Hi, this is Aeris." when I picked it up.) I have no idea why she's named that. I asked my friend who works there, and he doesn't know anything either.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 02:07 PM

You think you're some hardass or something with having the game before me?

[post=127621]Quoted post[/post]​

That sounds like jealousy to me. :lol:

I'm not jealous. I don't give a shit either way.

You may have gotten RE4 before me, but look who owns more games! :lol: :p

RE4 = Game #423

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back