The Best Dreamcast Peripherals!

If it's just a specific game related thing, you could always buy a japanese gun and games.

Sadly there is no mod for it (and god knows I've looked). Either the Euro or Jap gun will work fine with all Euro or Jap gun games. But will not work with the US HOTD2, Death Crimson OX and Confidential Mission. Like I said it does work with Virtua Cop 2 on the Smash Pack.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Apr 20, 2004 @ 11:27 AM

....Either the Euro or Jap gun will work fine with all Euro or Jap gun games......

Wait, so a Euro gun will work on the Japanese games and vice versa? :huh

Originally posted by mountaindud+Apr 24, 2004 @ 02:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Apr 24, 2004 @ 02:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900@Apr 20, 2004 @ 11:27 AM

....Either the Euro or Jap gun will work fine with all Euro or Jap gun games......

Wait, so a Euro gun will work on the Japanese games and vice versa? :huh [/b][/quote]

Yup. I have 2 JAP guns and 1 EUR gun, I use the EUR gun for either. And the JAP if I ever play 2P, so it's been tried.

Get the Dreamblaster by MadCatz it was licenced by SEGA its multiregion and seems to be acurate enough. Its what I´m getting since some games were not released in EU I think :huh: Virtua Cop 2, DeathCrimson2 and OX were these in europe too? The rest were.

Nexus 4MB seems like a must have with the cable, I really need to make backups of all my saves specialy bleem! gt2 those cars were hard to get!!

Arcade Sticks I plan on making my own, X-Arcade opinion in general is that they are not very solid or they wear quick, they do not use happs sticks or buttons you could change the stick and buttons tho..., plus not having a vmu slot is crap imo.

Total Control Plus 5 3in1 is a must, playing shooters with saturn model 1 pad is the only way.

The mouse may have some use too if we could play light gun games with it ;] and for Scumm if its compatible ... must check out.~

Dream Pad by MadCatz is very good the second model [transparent] some people changed the dpad with a saturn one so you get the best of the two worlds. Its also perfect for hacking if you plan on using it on a arcade stick. Its a million times more comfortable than the official one.

Yes it does look like that but the description they give of the pad makes me even more curious, I always wanted to use the original NiGHTS pad on DC. Must be an old April fool joke or something ¬◄

That adapter looks like a great deal!!

belive that Dream Connection thing only works with Saturn controllers.

This is fine if all you want is hooking up Saturn arcade stick or pad with DC.

For Saturn twinstick though TC5 is the only player in town AFAIK.

given the going rate for Saturn TS, you can get complete Virtual On setup for DC at around $39 plus game which is a lot cheaper than DC TS ... Even in Japan DC TS costs over $100 MIB whereas Saturn TS can be had for as little as $10.

cheers

Originally posted by dj898@Apr 29, 2004 @ 10:58 PM

belive that Dream Connection thing only works with Saturn controllers.

This is fine if all you want is hooking up Saturn arcade stick or pad with DC.

For Saturn twinstick though TC5 is the only player in town AFAIK.

given the going rate for Saturn TS, you can get complete Virtual On setup for DC at around $39 plus game which is a lot cheaper than DC TS ... Even in Japan DC TS costs over $100 MIB whereas Saturn TS can be had for as little as $10.

cheers

:p I should have just spent the extra money and got the TC5+, I already bought two other adapters. There is one site that carries it, but it looks a little suspicious, and they haven't returned my e-mail.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Apr 29, 2004 @ 10:12 PM

....I also ordered a Dream Connection 2 adapter. They are a lot cheaper and easier to get than TC5+. If it works out I will put it on the list

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8101405110

I got that thing I was talking about there. It is a very nice adapter, especially for the price. However Sega 4X Memory Cards will cause it to not work for some reason, and the analog isn't emulated perfectly. :bs

Still need to add a racing wheel to complete the list. Interact, MadCatz, and Agetec all make one; does anyone have any experience with these?

all wheels pale in comparison to the new Logitec one for GT4. been using mine with prologue for the past couple months. sooooo good. i can never use another non forcefeedback/900degree wheel again.

i know with older games, unless its programmed to use the 900 degress or force feedback, its just a regular wheel.

Back