The Best Saturn Games

I know this is an old post to coment, but I got nothing better to do. :)

In my opinion Symphony of the Night is much better than the Saturn-port, luckily I played Dracula X first, and finninshed it before I ever tried SotN, and now when I started it again some time ago I notice slowdowns almost all of the time. So I've seen the extras, if it was the other way around I'd probably wouldn't have bothered to play it through.

I think Fire Pro Wrestling 6MS should be on the list btw, maybe I'm alone with that opinion but I never seem to get bored of that game, especially since you can be 6 players at the same time. Fighting Vipers could be removed, since it's pretty much included in the Fighters Megamix game.

Edit: Spelling

this is a stickied post, so definately don't feel bad about bumping it.

So should we take off HotD?

And put Fighting Vipers on instead?

I can´t agree with that since I love light gun games. Why take off :? Add it to the list and change the topic to the top 51 best games :p.

Originally posted by Zheræ@May 2, 2004 @ 07:25 PM

I can´t agree with that since I love light gun games. Why take off :? Add it to the list and change the topic to the top 51 best games :p.

I concur, I think House of the Dead is better than Fighting Vipers.

Take off Bug!, VF Kids, and Sexy Parodius and replace them with Donpachi, Dodonpachi, and Battle Garegga.

Thats a tricky list to finalise :)

Some games which weren't on the list that I enjoyed playing were: Batsugun, Sonic R and Baku Baku Animal. Oh and Sonic Jam if that counts :)

oh and why is SFA2 highlighted? is it because you already have SF Collection there?

Originally posted by it290@Mon, 2004-05-03 @ 03:01 PM

Take off Bug!, VF Kids, and Sexy Parodius and replace them with Donpachi, Dodonpachi, and Battle Garegga.

[post=102862]Quoted post[/post]​

I only played Dodonpachi and it was a lousy port even in TATE mode it looked awful. Don't know if Donpachi has the same ratio/res problem like Dondopachi.

I demand Baku Baku be put on the list. This is not about nostalgia; it's about good games. Daytona wasn't really that fun; Sega Rally was much better. Likewise, BAKU BAKU is wicked fun and should be on the list!

Originally posted by GAMESOULjA@Sun, 2005-04-24 @ 02:41 PM

hmm wipeout should be there too :p

[post=133167]Quoted post[/post]​

The Saturn WipEout (or was it WipeOut? :D ) is a LOT easyer than the PSX version Edit: in the Saturn version, you'd bounce of walls, but in the PSX version, you'd screech to a hault). But my favorite Wipeout is WipEout 3. Cuz it had anolog control. Did Wipeout 2079 (for the Saturn) have anolog contol?

Originally posted by jeff-20@Sun, 2005-07-03 @ 03:36 PM

I demand Baku Baku be put on the list. This is not about nostalgia; it's about good games. Daytona wasn't really that fun; Sega Rally was much better. Likewise, BAKU BAKU is wicked fun and should be on the list!

[post=136228]Quoted post[/post]​

I also recommend Baku Baku. that game was wicked.

And Bug and VF Kids should be put back on the list.

You may also remove Xmen vs SF - its a spectecular game, but the infinities ruin it really. MSHvsSF topped it anyway.

Originally posted by Borisz@Wed, 2005-08-31 @ 10:37 AM

I also recommend Baku Baku. that game was wicked.

And Bug and VF Kids should be put back on the list.

You may also remove Xmen vs SF - its a spectecular game, but the infinities ruin it really. MSHvsSF topped it anyway.

[post=138961]Quoted post[/post]​

i think someone should take off world series baseball and put baku baku in :) ahh the all night baku baku fun with my wife heh

no way, world series 98 is still the best baseball game to date, on any system.

i say get rid of house of the dead (rare does not mean good ...) and throw fire pro wrestling: 6 men scramble on there. or AJPW feat virtua.

Originally posted by Virgil@Sun, 2005-08-28 @ 01:03 AM

Did Wipeout 2079 (for the Saturn) have anolog contol?

[post=138839]Quoted post[/post]​

It does. Using digital controls is much easier though.

Originally posted by ptr.exe@Thu, 2005-12-29 @ 12:26 AM

How come Street Fighter Alpha 2 is highlighted?

[post=142939]Quoted post[/post]​

It was probably Akuma messing around.

Someone needs to add Cotton Boomerang to the list. The game is just amazing, it's been in my Saturn for the past three weeks!

Back