The Best Saturn Games

Originally posted by mal@Jul 21, 2003 @ 07:16 AM

There sure did. Whatever happened to them?

Last I heard they were making Death Tank III for xbox live...

Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

---Ammut

I'm suprised Metal Slug wasn't on the list. Even with the slowdown, it was still a great game. I really wished they'd of used the 4meg cart on that one. Anyone know why they didn't? I've always assumed that since SNK developed the 1meg cart, they just supported that rather than the Capcom supported 4meg cart that was probably more expensive to manufacture.

I'd say those that don't deserve to be on the list include Dead or Alive, Die Hard, Street Fighter Collection, and Virtua Cop 2. These are great games, but imo shouldn't be listed when there were 3 KOFs on the Saturn, 3 or 4 Fatal Fury's, and Samurai Shodown 4 all from SNK; at least a couple of these should be on there. Even Vampire Saviour, who's system I don't really like, is a good game and a perfect conversion. Right now I'm waiting for Waku Waku 7, that might deserve a spot as well. There's Strikers 1945 and several other shooters, including Garregga, and Darius Gaiden. You've made a fine list, but the saturn really shined as a 2d system, and I think that is where its best games are. I think we may have seen the best of the shooters, platformers, and fighters in 2d, and the Saturn really has them all.

Originally posted by Stephen_Ri@Aug 27, 2003 @ 01:39 AM

I'd say those that don't deserve to be on the list include Dead or Alive, Die Hard, Street Fighter Collection, and Virtua Cop 2. These are great games, but imo shouldn't be listed when there were 3 KOFs on the Saturn, 3 or 4 Fatal Fury's, and Samurai Shodown 4 all from SNK; at least a couple of these should be on there. Even Vampire Saviour, who's system I don't really like, is a good game and a perfect conversion. Right now I'm waiting for Waku Waku 7, that might deserve a spot as well. There's Strikers 1945 and several other shooters, including Garregga, and Darius Gaiden. You've made a fine list, but the saturn really shined as a 2d system, and I think that is where its best games are. I think we may have seen the best of the shooters, platformers, and fighters in 2d, and the Saturn really has them all.

anybody wanna second one of these recommendations?

Well, even though people don't think Megaman X3 is worthy because it was quickly ported, I would still recommend it because it has a (IMO) better soundtrack, levels and bosses and is harder than X4. Also, Megaman is slightly larger in X4 (at least he feels larger), and feels different to control than the previous X's because of this. The graphics are better in X4 but who needs graphics?

anybody wanna second one of these recommendations?

If you're looking for one to replace, then I don't think Bug! deserves to be on that list. My argument: It lacks depth.

I'd remove Fighting Vipers as the gameplay is essentially the same as Fighters Megamix, but with Megamix being superior in every way.

I'd also remove Fighting Vipers, with the same arguments as axelblazeadam

I also like Megaman X3 better than X4, just because X4 is impossible (I'm at the last boss, but haven't managed to beat him, allthough I ain't trying anymore), and I hate games I can't finnish. X3 on the other hand is the easiest Megaman game since Megaman 2 on NES, haven't played them all though. I had 4 (four!) energy refillments at the last boss and didn't use any of them.

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 27, 2003 @ 04:55 AM

whoa! did I miss Metal Slug????

stink -- what game should I take off the list to make room?

Like others have said before me: Fighting Vipers.

Or maybe Shining Wisdom.

House of the dead should be removed, damn what a stinker, remember being so disappointed with that conversion. It feels so unfinished and rushed.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 15, 2003 @ 12:11 AM

Where is Konami's Akumajou Dorakura X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku?

Isn't that it? :)

Attachments

• draculax.gif
    draculax.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 364
  • draculax.gif
    draculax.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 352
Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (sat)

aka Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (psx)

aka Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight (sat name translated)

Back