The (re-)post your desktop topic!

Since the last one got closed for some off-topic discussion, let's keep this one on topic. ;)

I got this background from a comic book scan (not my own).

Attachments

• xmendesktop.JPG
    xmendesktop.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 101
  • xmendesktop.JPG
    xmendesktop.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 87
ChiBanging:

I got that comic! Although, I don't think it had an Issue Number. Which issue number was it?

Here's mine:

Attachments

• ps4wallpaper1b.jpg
    ps4wallpaper1b.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 94
  • ps4wallpaper1b.jpg
    ps4wallpaper1b.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 95
Hmm, not surprisingly, I have the same picture that's in my avatar as my desktop background (for now). Also, the icon in the upper-left corner (which leads to my home folder) is a picture of me, although kind of hard to make out since it has been manipulated and turned into an svg file.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 89
BTW ChiBangin, what's the program you're using for Windows skinning/what's the name of the theme? Looks sorta similar to one I used to use, and I like grey/white themes (currently using one called 'Seer' on my Windows machine).

Samurized with the Calendar script (took me a while to get everything aligned, and what not). Works fantastic though.

Cool XP Theme, background "Dragon Style", Samurize 1.01

Attachments

• desktop.gif
    desktop.gif
    169.2 KB · Views: 122
  • desktop.gif
    desktop.gif
    169.2 KB · Views: 123
Originally posted by Cloud121+Dec 22, 2003 @ 01:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Dec 22, 2003 @ 01:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>ChiBanging:

I got that comic! Although, I don't think it had an Issue Number. Which issue number was it?[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-joe81
@Dec 22, 2003 @ 01:49 AM

all i know is there were multiple versions of that book and i have them all damn gimics[/quote]

It's from X-Men #1 released back in summer of 1991. There were 5 versions: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E. The last one, 1E had all of the 4 different covers combined in a foldable cover.

1A: Storm, Beast, Archangel, Jean Grey, and Professor X

1B: Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, and Psylocke

1C: Cyclops, Wolverine, and Iceman

1D: Magneto

1E: all four covers combined into a foldable cover (this is what ChiBangin's wallpaper is showing)

And yes, I do have all 5 versions of X-Men #1 described above :)

Imagine it at 1280x1024 resolution on a 21 inch flat display Trinitron monitor. :)

Edit: Oh, and credit goes to Des-ROW for making me this nice wallpaper. :)

Attachments

• desktop01.jpg
    desktop01.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 116
  • desktop01.jpg
    desktop01.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the detailed answer MasterA, I knew it was the first issue, but I had no idea that there were special covers. If you have any extra copies of the X-Men comics, you know my address. :lol:

BTW ChiBangin, what's the program you're using for Windows skinning/what's the name of the theme? Looks sorta similar to one I used to use, and I like grey/white themes (currently using one called 'Seer' on my Windows machine).

I'm using Style XP, the theme is 521|design. BTW, Gnome is by far my favorite Linux desktop manager.

Cool, thx for the info.

Also, the normal newsstand version of X-Men 1 was the Magneto one (you can also see that picture, by Jim Lee, in the X-Men Genesis game!).. but yeah, what an awesome comic that was when it first came out. Definitely a new era for the X-Men.

As for GNOME, yeah, it does beat the hell out of KDE, but I pretty much hate the metacity window manager that comes stock with it now... I can't wait until Enlightenment 0.17 final comes out, hopefully it will be compatible with GNOME 2. Otherwise I might have to swtich to waimea fairly soon.

Additonally- MTXBlau.. you use Netscape? Bleaurgh! ;)

Gah you guys all have these really funky skins and I'm stuck on welfare win 2k. Are there any skinning programs out there for it? My desktop really isn't presentable as of now with the way it looks n' all. Well I can at least show the wallpaper alone anyway.

Attachments

• nights_copy.jpg
    nights_copy.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 93
  • nights_copy.jpg
    nights_copy.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 94
Originally posted by KiDdErZ@Dec 23, 2003 @ 08:32 PM

Des-Row, I'm liking that skin! Is it on themexp.org at all? Could you give me the name of it at all? :D

My visual style is called "ONE"... I do not remember where I got it from though...

Back