The Time Machine

I saw the new “Time Machine” movie that came out 2 years ago.

It was a Great movie. The CG scenes, that showed time pass by fast as he travelled in the future, were awesome! Also, the night scene, on top of the Eloi house roof, where he sees the crumpled moon for the 1st time, 800000 years later, was so cool.

I also liked the music, which was perfect for the theme of the movie.

The conversation with the Uber-Morlock (Jeremy Irons) later on, was very interesting, with great interpretation & strong dialogue.

“Who are you to question 800000 years of evolution”?

“You’re the inescapable result of your tragedy”

“Just as I am the inescapable result, of you”

“We all have our time machines don’t we?”

“Those that take as back are memories.”

“And those that carry us forward are dreams”

I’ve also seen the older 1960 version of The Time Machine, a long time ago, which I also liked.

Actually, the 800000 time jump did also occur in the older 1960 version as well.

Interestingly the Uber-Morlock, gave me the feel that he is supposed to be Alexander (protagonist), which continued living all that time, haunted by his thoughts.

There were some scenes cut off, when the moon started barking up in the year 2037, there were supposed to show meteor shower, from the moon rocks falling onto the NY sky scrapers! It looked a lot like the Sep 11 events.

What I found exaggerated, was the last time jump he performed into the future 650000000 years!

Back